Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 196 - Still behind

Well today wasn't what I thought it would be - it was relaxing to some degree but not at all on plan and I didn't get done anything that I wanted to do today. So tomorrow will be better but I did at least want to get my logs and pics up before I fall further behind. I didn't do well over this weekend again on my compliance - anyone else out there have that problem? During the week is so much easier to stick to a plan. The days are much more predictable. But weekends are just all over the place. What are your strategies for dealing with this? Any suggestions would help, especially with this next 4 week sprint toward the end of the BBS and the beginning of SC 2.0. I have got to get my weekends under control or I will not be able to show enough progress, that's for sure. So let me know what you think. And I'll leave you with my log for today (numbers really tanking, I have got to get my groove back!) and pics, and I have put in the rest of the weekend's info into their respective days. See ya!

















DAY 28 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?9a - pancakes
1
Meal #2?1p - cheese & crackers
1
Meal #3?3p - pineapple1
Meal #4?6p - shrimp pasta
1
Meal #5?9p - dessert
0
Meal #6?none


1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?rest
1
Cardio or Rest?skipped


0
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1







Daily Score:10 of 12



Cumulative:292 of 336



Compliance:86.9%




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have the same problem...I don't really know what to tell you since i have the same issue. maybe we need to treat it like a week day and stay busy like we do during the week...it's all about scheduling and planning i guess. have a backup plan.. reward ourselves with something non-food related to give an incentive to stay on track. even if it is something small.
hopefully others will have ideas.

Mike Groom said...

Weekends are a real problem for me as well, which is why doing ESE solves some that issue for me on Sunday.

Otter Christy said...

I wish I had a really good strategy for weekends. Michael seems to do really well with being consistent day in day out maybe he knows something. Would it be breaking your accountability rules to have different criteria for the weekend? Just plan to go stricter two days of the week during the five day week, and have more wiggle room and reward meals or lighter workouts on the weekends? Just a thought.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KaliLilla.com said...

I agree with Christy. I try to be super strict and "on plan" for 5-7 days in a row and then allow some wiggle room when I know I will be meeting up with friends or family.

ESE works too. Lately, I've been doing ESE just on those days after my reward days. I feel like it helps to balance things out.

Joni said...

Suzette - Yeah it is definitely a scheduling issue. I just get lazy with Jeff home, too, it is easier to be disciplined when it is just me but when it is both of us for some reason I just don't have the willpower all the time...
Mike - that was the nice thing about Metabolic Surge in that it was a 12 day rotation so you couldn't let the weekends get you. I don't think I could do ESE though, I'm a wuss. But the all fruit days from MS do help if I do them on a weekend day. I'll have to think about that...
Christy - I think that I could do that somewhat but the problem that I have first of all is that my weekend is really 3 days since my husband works 4 10s so I have to allow for an extra day. And 4 days on 3 days off is certainly no good. I am just too easy with myself. I will have to just suck it up I think, and also that reminds me that I could do heavier workouts on the weekends to make up for the lesser eating compliance. That's an option I think, if I were to concentrate on making that part of my plan...
Lilla - yeah, I need to be stricter with myself during the week to let it be not as big of a deal over the weekend because every weekend there is something going on around here. The summer will be even busier so I just have to be more disciplined, that's what it comes down to. Gotta get ready for my car pics...