Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 170 - No April Fools!

Okay, so who wants to see a truly hideous before picture of me? Not me, but I thought I would share this just to remind myself not to ever go back. I have been getting comments on my "new" suit that I have been wearing in my BBS pics but I have actually had that suit for a while. It was from Victoria's Secret because that's the only place where I could buy a top and bottom at different sizes. You can see if you compare this before pic from May 2007 with my side shots from today, it is fitting me much better these days. (Yes, the top is different - I bought two with the one bottom - one for activity, one for tanning - it's a girl thing...) Actually, it might end up too big for me, I think I might have stretched it out (yikes!) I still have progress to make, but it is so much better now than before. So here's a tiny piece of redemption...(see, my picture can't even look at itself!)

OUCH! That was very painful. Everything all hanging out...delete delete delete! Okay, on to better times: TODAY! First off (well, I guess second actually) before I get to the nerdy chartyness, I thought I would share some Shredder Scripture. This is especially for someone who I now consider a very good of mine, but it is also for anyone else who wants some inspiration. Here goes:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

And finally, when you don't think you can get in one more rep...
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 10:29 :)

So that's my message for the day...things went pretty much according to plan again today, it started raining during our walk so I cut it short by about 5 min (Mr. Delicate Jedi doesn't like rain) but got most of it in. Then Jujitsu tonight topped it off with a nice workout as well so I feel pretty good. Nutrition was good, I did have two feedings with starchy carbs instead of just one but both were within 3 hrs of exercise so I think I was still good there. I tried quinoa today! It was the recipe Lilla had on her site and it was great (Thanks!). More on that in upcoming days...Anyway, I didn't have any carbs after my workout tonight so I'm thinking it all balances out. I had green tea in place of one of my glasses of water today and I'm just finishing up my last cup so I'm good to go with that. I gotta go now or I'll get negative sleep points so here's the chart:

















DAY 1 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?6a - protein shake
1
Meal #2?9:30a - omelet & oatmeal
1
Meal #3?1p - grilled chix w/ quinoa salad
1
Meal #4?4p - cottage cheese, fruit
1
Meal #5?6:30p - chix & veggies
1
Meal #6?10p - PN mixed nut cookies


1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?REST
1
Cardio or Rest?30 min walk
1
Sleep?7.5 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1





Daily Score:12 of 12



Cumulative:24 of 672



Compliance:100%



Woo hoo 100% still! I am so beating Lilla... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the scriptures, Joni! fyi, you made a typo with the last one though...should be Is. 40:29 (not 10). but that's ok. it's the words that matter.
loving your posts! keep visualizing that lean, sexy body you desire and you will get there! that suit will be too big before you know it!!
SOS!!

Joni said...

Ha! Can't read my own writing...thanks! I am so excited for all of us - this shred it really getting everyone in top form! And it shows just how powerful this concept is! :)

Mike Groom said...

Great photo Joni, I have one of those as well that reminds me of what not to go back to.

My feed can be found at http://aussiebodybuilder.com/?feed=rss2 (hope this works okay. I'm trying to get time to get that onto the blog to make it a bit easier.