Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 190 - Recommitment

Wow 190 days - almost to 200! That's just crazy...never would have thought I could do it...just getting to 100 was big and each milestone feels better. Now I just need to make the results I want happen and I can be even prouder of 200. Anyway...
Okay everybody - so far today has been good. Granted, I've only been up for 2 hours but that's a win in my book the way thing have been going lately :) Already did my AVP and had my protein shake, updated the past entries with pics, and ready to do my TT workout. I need to work very hard at my workout because they are not like the workouts I have had in the past and I think I am not pushing myself enough since some of them are bodyweight exercises. Need to really concentrate on hitting the correct muscle groups. Also I was thinking I might add in one of the MS workouts during the week when I am not doing a TT workout because then at least I would be doing some heavy weights some of the time. Not sure, but for right now, I just need to get a workout of any kind in so the regular TT will do for today. Way too much else going on to worry about tweaking that right now.
Did my measurements this morning, and nothing changed, except my weight and bf%, which both went up. Not good, but it is to be expected since I didn't work out most of last week. Glad it's not worse. And the bf is not totally reliable because I did that after I already had my shake and I am supposed to do it before eating anything so that might be a hydration issue on that one. But here's the numbers:
Weight: 147 lbs (gain of 1# this week, loss of 2# in BBS)
Omron bf: 24.4% (gain of 1% this week, loss of 0.2% in BBS)
Bicep: 11.25" (no change)
Chest: 34.5" (no change, loss of .5" in BBS)
Waist: 28" (no change)
Stomach: 31" (no change)
Hips: 37" (no change)
Butt: 40.5" (no change)
Thigh: 24.5" (no change)
Still have a long way to go in the next 5 weeks!
I'll be back tonight with my log, gotta get to my workout, but here are today's pics:


6 comments:

Debbie said...

Joni, great to have you back with us. I hope all your other issues are resolved soon and the stress lessens.

Marbella said...

Great to see you JONI. Missed you and hope that all´s going great guns for you now. Know you are doing the best you can and for now that´s perfect. I for sure can´t see where anything has gone up...you´re looking so skinny now that all looks good!
Lynda

Bec said...

I know how you feel about those body weight routines. Whilst they are great sometimes it feels like you need to do more. I'd go with a weights session as well.
By the way you are looking great.
Bec

Bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joni said...

Debbie - thanks, I hope so too. But it's a part of life, so I have to get used to staying on track even when it gets tough, too, you know?
Lynda - thanks, things getting better for sure but have quite a job ahead of me now. Thinking about doing that photo shoot on the car makes me sick right now. Gotta get the lower body on track. Anyway, thanks for keeping track of me!
Bec - thanks, yeah I do think I will add in some more weights. Right now the TT workout I am doing has some BB/DB work but it just isn't the same as a hard MS workout, which I was used to, so I'll see how I can add more to it coming up. Right now I just happy to get in any kind of workout and make sure that I hit all the muscle groups. Anything on top of that is bonus - really for me the results are in the cardio and the nutrition, lifting just preserves the muscle, you know?

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni, glad to see you back posting. have you tried adding weights to the tt workouts? maybe there are some advanced variations to the exercises you are doing. I am doing the tt for women body sculpting program and feel it is pretty tough(at least for me...but you are stronger than i am!) i am sure you have already thought of this but just wanted to throw that out there.
well i hope your issues at least calm down enough that you can at least get your workouts in. i know how emotional eating can go though. i struggle with that one! we will conquer!! for "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"