Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 191 - On a Roll!

Happy Earth Day! I did nothing to celebrate it with the exception of just telling all of you to be happy :) My husband works for a power plant, so the environmental consultant there gave everyone a solar-powered cell phone charger. Interesting...so if you're outside and need to charge up, it's got your back. Moving on...
Something happened to Boomshuffle, because my mix is gone and the site doesn't load the same anymore. Well, it was a beta, I guess something happened, but I am sad :(
Besides that, though, things are going well now. I am catching up on all the shredder blogs but still haven't been to see some of my favorite people. If I haven't been around lately, sorry for that, but I will be shortly, I had a backlog of over 160 posts to read through as well as some new entries into the ShredderSphere to read up on their entire 30+ day journeys so far. What a lot to take in! I am down to under 100 still left to read. So I am pretty beat and have to get to sleep or risk my accountability score, but just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been keeping tabs on me and encouraging me during the tough times as well as the good. That's what makes this group of people so successful and special, because we all genuinely care about each other's progress. So thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have been studying up on fighting my fears and getting myself organized lately with a few books I picked up over the weekend after my latest personal crisis, and they are really helping me. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to share some of the insights I have received so far from reading them. I really enjoy self-help kind of books in general, but these two are really more about the actual activities and making progress instead of just talking about things. I'm all for the thinking side, to my own detriment usually, so sometimes you just have to get in there and do the work. So that is what I am trying to get through right now, all the work that I have let pile up lately during my undisciplined times. Thus the lack of interesting commentary, because life lately has been about grinding out some tasks that I have had sitting on my to-do list for too long. So sorry for the uninteresting posts, but that's what's going on with me. Another great score today, though, so I'm excited to be slowly inching up my percentage. What a hole I dug myself into. But climbing is good exercise, and I have a bunch of it to do to get myself back where I need to be. Here's the log and pics for today, and I'll be back tomorrow!

















DAY 23 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?6a - protein shake
1
Meal #2?9a - eggs on wheat muffin
1
Meal #3?12p - chili
1
Meal #4?3p - cheese stick, mango
1
Meal #5?6p - wheat pasta w/ meat sauce
1
Meal #6?9p - almonds


1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?Rest
1
Cardio or Rest?30 min walk + Jujitsu
1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1



Daily Score:12 of 12




Cumulative:240 of 672



Compliance:87.0%




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are anything like me, fighting your fears is a big thing. Have you read "Confident Woman" by Joyce Meyer? one I should reread over and over. One of the lines in there is "do it afraid"..what ever it is that you fear, do it afraid. part of my problem is thinking too much and too little of doing! let's get that turned around!! We can do it!

Mike Groom said...

keep going Joni! you've only got a few more days to the 200 post milestone and you can do it in style with 100% accountability every day!

Marbella said...

Love seeing your long, fun posts again. Our JONI is BAAAAAACK!
(just noticed really, that your tummy has gone MIA...how in heck did you do that so well? Need some tips and fast!)
Lynda

Rob said...

Joni,

Yeah, I hate those undisciplined times. I’m my own worse enemy for sure!
I just have to say; “you are melting… you really look amazing”.

Rob

Michael said...

Just stick to the plan, Joni! You are doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joni! Looking good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been watching you and Suzette for over a month now. You've been great motivation!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joni, dropping by to see how your day went today. hope all went well! will check back later!

Joni said...

Suz - I have heard of that book but don't have it. For some reason I find JM kind of hard to read. Love the TV program, but I don't know, it's tough for me with my ADD mind or something...The thinking too much and doing too little thing is definitely my biggest struggle right now. Well it's a tie between that and the fight between my will and God's will :) Thanks for checking up on me as usual - you are fantastic!
Mike G - thanks, I still can't believe it's almost been 200. I would love to have 100% from here on out but as you can see from today, sometimes my inner whiner takes control and knocks a point off my day...
Lynda - I honestly have no idea. Actually, perhaps it is the more cardio - I was pretty sketchy on it the beginning of this mission and have been trying to really make it a priority this time. But only HIIT 3x a week and 30 min walk the rest of the days - not a ton.
Rob - discipline is certainly the name of the game...thanks for the compliment - I swear I can't see it but all of you guys seem to notice so I guess I'm just blocking or something...I need to melt faster!
Michael - yeah, the more I plan, the better I do. It's the best way to ensure results but the hardest part for me because I am like a hummingbird when it comes to life - always all over the place, not knowing what to do next. Maybe that's what I should have gotten on my tattoo... :)
Shari - glad to hear it. That's really the second reason I do this, other than to keep me personally on track, I want others to realize that they can do it too. Keep on working hard, I'll be by to check in soon!