Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 172 - A Run!

So I actually went for a run today...those of you who know me best must now pick themselves off the floor because they fell off their chair from utter amazement. I'll give you a minute... :) Well I didn't die, as evidenced by this blog post, so it's possible that I will do it again in the future but man I am so not a runner. I don't even know how to do it right. I mean, I can make my legs go faster than a walk and thus be running, but I don't know how to breathe or anything. But what happened was I didn't do my HIIT after my workout yesterday, so I had to do the whole warm up and such, and it was going to take 20 min which I just couldn't bear to do running in place and it's kind of a nice day, so I thought I'd try it. And Jedi wanted to as well. So I can't run in my neighborhood, it's too dangerous for my little pup because he's a zig-zagger, so we went to the little park 2 minutes from my house and did our HIIT. It was a pretty easy set of intervals, but I needed to start as a beginner since I was doing a "real" run, not in place. It is so different. So we went 1.5 miles in 20 minutes total (counting warm up and cool down), alternating between running and slow walking in 2 min intervals. So technically I only did 6 minutes of actual running, but it was pretty good. Lungs burned a little, it was a little chilly. Jedi really liked it, he was so happy. And here I wasn't sure if his little legs would get too tired. Nope, he's a beast. So that's the workout for the day, food intake is good so far, but I gotta roll out and get some work done. Also, I am going it Baltimore tomorrow afternoon into Saturday and I will not be bringing the laptop so I hope all of you can survive 24 hrs without me :) I have to go to the MK Career Conference. It is usually pretty fun but I have to plan my meals carefully because they do not have good food choices there. They act like it is, but they have no clue. Anyway, pics will posted tonight, have a special treat for everyone tomorrow that I am working on, but here's the plan for the day:

















DAY 4 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?7a - protein shake
0 or 1
Meal #2?10a - proatmeal pancakes
0 or 1
Meal #3?1p - grilled chix, quinoa salad
0 or 1
Meal #4?3p - cottage cheese, carrots
0 or 1
Meal #5?6p - lean hamburgers
0 or 1
Meal #6?9p - PN mixed nut cookies


0 or 1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
0 or 1
Weights or Rest?REST
0 or 1
Cardio or Rest?TT Beginner Interval B


0 or 1
Sleep?7 hrs0 or 1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
0 or 1
Visualization?1/2 hr AVP
0 or 1






Daily Score:0 of 12






Cumulative:34 of 672






Compliance:94.4 %


P.S. I had planned on having my last meal last night while I was reading, but I ended up just going to bed I was so tired and actually still full from dinner so I went back and edited my score. Aaaah my % is going down...must...work...harder...

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great job with the real running! It can be great to get out in the real world rather than on a machine for your cardio sessions.

I look forward to the treat :)

kelv rose said...

It don't matter how you do it, that fact that you was out there doing it anyway is bound to make you feel great!
Keep it up.....May be a marathon one day!
Kelv

Anonymous said...

Yay you! way to go on the "real" running. I can just see Jedi now. lol. he must have loved it! have fun in Baltimore! can't wait to see your little treat! it'll be fun for sure!
SOS!

Joni said...

Mike - yeah, it was an experience and I think it really was a mental block for me in the past so I am glad to get past it and hope to do more soon!

Kelv - thanks, don't know about a marathon, I still don't like to run, but if it burns the fat, I'm all for it!

Suzette - yeah, he was so funny I didn't think he would be that excited about it but he was. I'm sure next time he'll be a good motivator to get out there and do more!