Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 192 - The 10:30 pm craving

Things were going well all day, lots of things to do, feeling like I am getting a handle on stuff, did my workout, had a great motivational meeting with my MK National, etc, and then on my way home from that meeting, BAM - had to have a milkshake! I have no idea what my deal was, I had been craving stuff all day, and had a danish earlier in the day that I thought satisfied that. I was going to count that as my free snack and move on, but after that meeting, it's 10:30pm, and my stomach had actually been killing me for about 3 hrs, ever since dinner, and for some reason I was on a mad quest to get a milkshake. I kept telling myself it would settle my stomach - what kind of logic is that? Serious demon in me...anyway, I went to Baskin Robbins and got one, it actually helped a little but not that much especially since I felt bad about having it and it ruined my 12/12 for the day. Poop. But it was done and I had to move on, so here I am now. Have tons going on and this next week will be crazy I think so I may be kind of short on my posts, but I will be here at the least with pics and log. So here's that for Wednesday, see you all later!

















DAY 24 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?6a - protein shake
1
Meal #2?9a - omelet & grapefruit
1
Meal #3?12p - grilled chix salad
1
Meal #4?3p - "free" snack
1
Meal #5?6p - chicken & veggies
1
Meal #6?10p - milkshake :(


0
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?TT Original B
1
Cardio or Rest?rest
1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1





Daily Score:11 of 12






Cumulative:251 of 288





Compliance:87.2%




6 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

The call of the milkshake - can't tell you how many times I've been there! (Shiver just thinking about it.)

But best thing to do is move on like you said. No sense dwelling on it. Today is another opportunity to make the right choices. You can do it - you ARE doing it! SOS!

Jonathan Childress said...

I'm with Lilla on this one.

However, positive thinking and looking forward are necessary but insufficient for exemplary performance. If you have a desire to figure out how to deconstruct the self defeating "milk shake craving" thoughts, you can figure it out. Really!

Good work. You're doing great!

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

Thanks for popping over, nice to hear from you again, and yes it was me on the other blogs, just working my way through my list of favourites, it's in alphabetical order so you are about halfway done!! WOW you look amazing you must be so pleased with your progress. If your worried about the milshake go back to your day 1 post as I did and compare the the pics with today's. Not sure if you have compared them recently but what a fantastic difference a couple of hundred days makes!!!

Take care,

Andrew

Anonymous said...

I hate when I crave stuff! Chocolate is usually my downfall!

Marbella said...

Joni, you certainly do deserve to have a milk shake if you REALLY want one. Enjoy it, and move on and get back to business. You are doing so well that won´t be the end of the world. Glad you had it. No regrets (as DEBBIE would say). Keep on shredding!
Lynda

Joni said...

Lilla - yeah, I am so glad to not be beating myself up like I used to over small things like that. In the long term, as long as I don't make a habit of it, it won't hurt me much. I'll take it.
Jonny - I know what you mean, but there also comes a time when too much self analysis stops you from progress, at least for me. I get stuck trying to "figure out why" instead of just moving on and making a better choice next time. In this case, I think it was a true physical craving, not a self-sabotaging behavior anyway. Not that I don't fall into that sometimes too...so that's a good point to remember should that kind of thing come up.
Andrew - thanks, I am certainly pleased with my overall progress but I have found that if I look at my day 1 pics too much, I give myself a little too much credit and don't focus on what I am trying to do in this current mission. I try to keep to the mission start pics each time to see a difference in those so I am keeping myself honest in my continuing progress, you know?
Shari - yeah, I am usually not that bad about sweets but lately it has been worse. Usually I can resist. Salty snacks are more my thing and I can find healthier versions of those easier than sweets...
Lynda - you're right, when I do decide to go ahead with something like that, I really try to enjoy it as much as I can because I know that is the way it should be. But usually after the first couple of bites/sips whatever it loses the appeal anyway. I need to stop there instead of finishing it anyway...but I am still keeping it all in perspective!