Sunday, November 4, 2007

REWIND - Day 17 - The Day of Fruit!

So I thought I would do each day as a separate post just for clarity's sake, plus then people can comment on the individual days if they want to and it will be easier to understand what people are referring to. Also, I might not be able to catch up on them all at the same time so here goes....

Wednesday was 10/31/07 - Day 7 of MS, 6 of the shred. It was the all fruit day. I was looking forward to it after 5 days of no carbs but to my surprise, it was really tough. First thing I had a banana and really liked that, then later on I had an apple and some grapes. By the time I got to the grapes, they tasted really really sweet because I had had nothing sweet in so long. It was kind of weird. By 2 pm I was craving something salty so bad it was rough. I have never really been much of a sweets person anyway, definitely more into salt, so this was getting really difficult. So I decided to cook up a banana (sliced and cooked with just a little Pam until soft and beginning to brown) and eat it that way so I could salt it. Sounds weird but it really helped out with the craving and got me through the afternoon. I didn't really feel bad or tired like I have heard some people say, I was just always hungry it seemed like, I definitely couldn't get full, and sick of the sweet taste of everything. For dinner I made a fruit smoothie of kiwi, pineapple, and strawberries with ice just to change the texture and cut the sweetness some, plus hopefully fill me a little more. It was pretty good and I made it through. Way different then I anticipated, though, so a learning experience. It was also a rest day from exercise so I didn't have to do anything strenuous so I guess that helped as well. I spent the day working and then getting ready for my trip, then in the evening it was Halloween so I passed out candy to the kids. Let me tell you I didn't even want any after all the sweet all day long, although the chocolate smelled good it was still not a temptation. So note to self if I'm going to be around a lot of candy - make it a fruit day because I so didn't want any. One interesting way to handle that. I was going to upload the pics for that day but blogger is again giving me trouble so maybe it will let me later...
********
Okay, here we are:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the all fruit day is hard. especially if your not used to eating many fruits. my experience with the fruit day was that i had a terrible headache by 2 pm and the rest of the day. you mentioned feeling hungry all day...my opinion would be to eat MORE fruit. as far as the sweetness...i think there are some fruits that aren't as "sugary". the fruit day does serve as a type of "cleansing". good on you for getting it done!

Joni said...

Thanks yeah it was tougher than I expected that's for sure. I will probably eat more if I can next time, I just got tired of it fast! I just have to keep making it creative and eating more of it and it will get easier I am sure.
-JP

Otter Christy said...

Cooking up the banana and making a shake--very creative. I KNOW people will be using those on their fruit days.

Cool that you're upload all the days you missed. I'm reading them from teh top down so I didn't catch that. In my mind I was all, I could have sworn I've been checking Joni's blog regularly.

BTW, blogger was being a pain with uploading photos for me, too. Just for two days, but ...

I'd rather do butt lifts.

Joni said...

Christy-
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I was laughing so much about the butt lifts. Thanks for bringing it back!
-JP

Anonymous said...

to think i have coined a catch phrase..."i'd rather do butt lifts!" rofl