Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 38 - Preparing myself for the feast (and the family)

So tonight will be a quick post - have been doing well with workouts and nutrition, just looking forward to making the right decisions tomorrow for Thanksgiving. It will be my last low carb day and although it probably won't be as good as a normal low carb day, I think I will be able to do pretty good. I plan to not have any carbs all day to save up #1 and then also just enjoy myself and my family, avoiding the worst of the carb hangups with a few treats. I won't have trouble not eating stuffing, potatoes, or rolls because they aren't that big of a deal to me, the biggest thing will be cranberry sauce actually because I really love it. So that will be my little reward and possibly a tiny tiny dessert but I'm not much for that either especially since I will be filling up on turkey as much as possible. Good low fat protein mmmm mmmm. So that's the plan. I have a workout in the morning as well so that will kickstart my metabolism for the day, then it's on to the hardest part of the round, the all protein and all fruit days. I am going to have to modify that a little as well because I am cooking a Thanksgiving dinner at my own house on Saturday (tomorrow I am at my Dad's). That is supposed to be my all fruit day but I think if I stop protein by 6pm on Friday, then do fruit from then until 6pm Saturday, it will still be 24 hrs of fruit and I can just start my low fat day a little early. I think that's fair. So hopefully all this planning works out as I envision it and everyone is understanding of my reasons for being "picky" with what I eat. It's so sad that people question our want to be healthier, but I'm sure it will come up. Oh, well, I can take it. I can just think about how great my pics will look at the end of Mission 1 and how happy I'll be that I didn't give in for one stupid meal anyway. Not worth it. So, I'll post my pics later but I do have them for today, just getting late. See you all soon and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating it tomorrow!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

was that really a "short" post? ;)
You are doing so awesome!
I do want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for having been able to "meet" you. I enjoy coming here to read your posts. I am thankful for your openness and honsety in your words. I am thanful for this journey we are able to share!

Michael said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joni...and I'm sure it is truly a happy one at this point!

Otter Christy said...

Joni, Happy Thanksgiving! Great strategy for the holiday. I part of me was missing be home for the holidays, but I don't have the temptation of holiday meals. :)

Jemi9OD said...

I think your plans sound very reasonable, Joni! I'm trying to limit my "holiday eating" to one meal per day around here, which is relatively easy. Today's the big day, though, and I'm anxious to see how I'm going to do - it's also MY first weekend day where I don't have the benefit of work keeping me running around and away from food!!

Joni said...

Suzette - yeah I start out thinking a post will be short and that I don't have anything interesting to say and then I end up blabbing on about something always. I should know now that I am never at a loss for words! Thanks for the kind words - I have so many thanks this year for the shredders here as well!
-JP

Joni said...

Michael - Yes it is much happier and less stressful, too I think. I will not be beating myself up for eating too much!

Joni said...

Christy-
Yeah, that's actually kind of a good thing to not have to deal with. Have a good day!

Joni said...

James -
I left you an extremely long winded comment on your blog so I'll just say thanks for stopping by and happy thanksgiving! Stay strong!

dougal said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joni...this is a lifetime project, give yourself a break and really enjoy the day. Have a wonderful one. You are looking just fabulous by the way