Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 35 - Catching up

Okay, finally getting a chance to catch up on all my group shred responsibilities...I wanted to tell you all that have been commenting to me thanks for the support and I have been checking up on you, just haven't had time to comment lately. Things have just been crazy for me lately but here's all the news (good and bad. I also want to send special thanks to Adam for the video shout out and for keeping me in the loop with this first week of group shred 2...
So, what has been going on with me? Well, yesterday was my rest and reward meal day so I don't usually blog then anyway but was going to because I needed to get everything ready to send to Adam for GS2. It ended up that I worked all day (and had a great sales day, incidentally) so I wasn't really good on my food intake most of the day, not just one meal. I had take out for breakfast and lunch, though I tried to make okay decisions, I was kind of in the "off day" mindset so I wasn't really watching too closely. And then I had planned to have a reward meal for dinner anyway and it turned into a fondue party with my husband's family so that was REALLY bad. Three courses. And the first two (cheese and meat) weren't that bad but the last (chocolate, aka X) I definitely over-indulged. And paid for it. I felt so sick after that, just like we have all been saying, once you get in the habit of having good food, bad food is like poison. Especially in large quantities. I have been so used to eating smaller portions and for some reason my fullness monitor just did not register until it was WAAAAY too late and I felt like throwing up. I did not but boy I almost wish I could have. So after working, cooking, and entertaining, the evening ended at midnight with me realizing I did nothing for GS2 and I was out of time. Thus my absence on the list but it won't happen again I promise. I am so grateful to know everyone well enough now so that I don't feel like I have to make any other excuses, you know I'm here.
Anyway, this morning I still felt like crap and was wondering how much time I had to burn off all those extra calories before they turned to fat cells. Would really like to know that, but what is done is done, it was my reward meal after all. And I didn't feel mentally guilty about it since it was planned, more just feeling stupid because I felt so bad physically. Plus since I was feeling such a Fondue hangover I didn't do my workout first thing, which I know is bad because I find it hard to work out once I get my day started. But anyway, lazed my way through the day, still eating low carb like I am supposed to but just feeling overall not well. It's the X. Evil stuff. Certainly didn't feel like a good GS2 day 1 should feel but it has gotten a little better as the day has gone on. Not looking forward to checking the stats tomorrow but I did take a peek at my comparison pics not just from day 1 to today but also from the end of GS1 (my day 24) to today and I even see a difference in them and that's only 10 days so I am happy about that. No one day of bad food will erase the progress I have made over the last month. No way. And that's so exciting to be able to prove that to myself with pictures because the old me might have really just written it all off and used it as an excuse that I'll never change and that I totally ruined everything once I felt as crappy as I did this morning. So glad I am not that person anymore.
So tonight at 9pm I finally did my workout and it was great. Felt better but still have this nasty fullness in my stomach. Of course, some of this is female-related issues so I guess I can chalk it up to that as well. Things you didn't need to know. All in the name of full disclosure. Anyway, today was the start of round 3 of MS, I can't believe it has been this long already! I still have to get on that project I want to do about MS for women, just have had a lot to do work-wise so hopefully soon. I'll close with today's pics and I'll do my regular weekly stats tomorrow which I'll use for my GS2 starting stats since I think I went up in weight and I want them to be honest. Plus I'll put up my GS2 pact and goals along with that. See you then!


1 comment:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Joni, what a day! Would you like me to use your Day 24 pics on GS2 week 1? I can drag these of your page and do that if you'd like. Just send me an email saying yes and I'll do that.

Cheers,
Adam