Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 36 - I lost a foot!!

No, not a foot like what you walk with, and not a foot of height, a foot of fat around my body! That is incredible when you think about it, but if you don't believe me, here are my latest measurements:

Weight: 157 lbs (loss of 0# this week, 9# overall)
Bicep: 11.5" (loss of 0" this week, 1" overall)
Chest: 35" (loss of 0" this week, 1.5" overall)
Waist: 29.25" (loss of 0" this week, 1.75" overall)
Stomach: 32.5" (loss of .25" this week, 2" overall)
Hips: 39" (loss of .25" this week, 2" overall)
Butt: 41.75" (loss of .25" this week, 1.75" overall)
Thigh: 25.5" (loss of 0" this week, 2" overall)
Total inches lost: .75" this week, 12" overall!!!

That just blows my mind. It's amazing how much fat we can hold on our body when it is spread out all over. And although I have not done my body fat stats, I truly believe that this is almost all fat because I am getting stronger in my workouts, I am starting to see muscle definition, and lean mass doesn't take up that much space anyway. So yeah me! Plus, even though I overdid it on my reward meal day, I am not higher in weight (believe me, I am happy with staying the same for once!) AND I bet I'll drop again more next week because and re-gain I did from that one day will be gone by then and I'll be back to where I should have been loss-wise anyway. Does that make sense? Even if it doesn't I seem to be on an every other week kind of thing, probably due to the macronutrient cycling effect, so two weeks ago I showed very little loss as well and then 2# last week, for an average of over 1# a week which is good. I could do better - to achieve all my goals, I need to lose about 1.75# average per week but believe me, I'm not complaining. It's coming off and if it takes a little longer than I planned, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I look how I want to look when it's all said and done.
That said, my goals for GS2: Shredders Strike Back are as follows (they are still mini-goals on the way to Day 100, which will be 2 wks after the end of GS2):
1) Continue to treat myself well mentally and physically, focusing on the joy of the journey.
2) Ending weight of 145# (loss of 12# during shred)
3) Loss of 12 more inches
4) Body fat below 20% (I still don't have a baseline for this yet, will update with more specific numbers when I am able to get it)

Shredder Council Pact
I will focus on the single daily actions that produce results - those actions being the daily nutrient and workout requirements of Metabolic Surge, as well as the actions of making the right decisions with focus on my long term success, not short term comfort or ease.
I will "burn my bridges" and not look back - those are the bridges to negative self-talk, guilt, regret, self-sabotage, past failures and successes, "should/shouldn't have" and "what might have been".
I will never surrender - the only way to fail is to quit trying; if I lose focus, I will remember how far I've come and seek help from my fellow shredders.

WOO HOO I'M READY TO GO NOW! Thanks again to everyone for all their support and especially Adam for continuing to challenge us! Below are my comparison pics from day 1 to today. My front pics really don't do my progress justice, but check out the side and back ones, I think they really tell the story. My pics from day 1 of the shred until today I will send to Adam. See you all soon!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! a foot! awesome! "GS2: Shredders Strike Back", that's good! Keep pressing on! You are doing awesome! The progress will propel you for sure to push harder!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KaliLilla.com said...

Your pics look awesome even the front one! The difference is very noticeable. Gee, I want to lose my foot too! :D

Otter Christy said...

Joni! I love the title of this post. I lost a foot. It made me laugh. Darn it, I wish I could see your photos, but my stinking internet connection is gone all weird. I like your goals to with room for an adjustment, very smart, to put it out there in that way. Words have a certain power--especially goal stuff, so I was particularly impressed by the wording of your goals.

I just watched your video again. Silly, I know, but I really dug it.

We're all back and better than ever. To quote you, Woo-hoo!

Otter Christy said...

Plus, I dig the Star Wars reference. My favorite of all six.

Jemi9OD said...

Way to go Joni!! You're doing a great job :)

Debbie said...

Joni, congrats on losing a foot! You would never had known had you not kept measurements.

You're doing great!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!
Keep shredding you are doing great!!

Marbella said...

Hi Joni,
Was so impressed by your photos, and YES you really can tell a BIG LOSS. A big high-5! As am about the same size with about the same problems, I appreciate your progress. Hope I can see the same results once of these days too. Love losing that FOOT...so funny.
CHRISTY, wish you could see the photos...she really looks so good. Big change. Good looks!
Lynda

Michael said...

Way to go, Joni. You are looking great and like I said before...you look darned hot right now :-) Your progress is so obvious in the pictures from any angle. Keep up the great work.

Joni said...

Hey everybody thanks for the support - I am doing a video soon (due to popular request and since Christy can't see my photos) so hopefully it will work out good. I am so excited about GS2 and know with the focus of this journey that Thanksgiving will be a much happier time than it usually is what with me stuffing myself too much. Excited about moderation! Thanks again everybody!
-JP