Saturday, November 24, 2007

REWIND - Day 39 - Thanksgiving!

I was so proud of myself on Thanksgiving. I only had two eggs for breakfast and then we went to dinner at 3:30 so I was really saving all my carbs. And I did exactly what I said I would do - the only carb I had with dinner was cranberry sauce and it was homemade so probably a lot better than the store bought kind as far as sugar goes. I filled up on turkey and green beans with a little portion of squash. And since there was a vegetarian there who could eat way less than I could, nobody said a word to me about my choices. :) Then I did have dessert but I could really enjoy it because it was planned and I knew I had been good all day. Plus I wasn't so full like in past years so I wasn't just forcing some other food down without regard for taste or hunger. Was I really like that? So glad it's in the past and now I control the food, not the other way around.
The one setback was in my workout. I slept in so I didn't start my workout until 10am and I didn't realize it at the time, but it had been over 12 hrs since eating anything and I usually eat something by 7am. So I was 3 hrs overdue for a meal (at least) and I totally crashed 2/3 of the way through my workout. It was like a car running out of gas - I was fine and then all of a sudden during my lunges BAM! I couldn't do any more. I tried to just move on to hamstrings since I had already done extensions and my quads had at least gotten some work, but I had nothing left. It was crazy. Well, not really, I know why, but it was interesting because it was just so obvious that my body ran out of protein to burn and it was not going to work any more. So I got most of it in and had a protein shake immediately and felt better. But it was that exact same feeling I had when I tried to do my workout after the all fruit day without taking in some protein first. I have got to remember that! But the workout prior to that was great and things are going fantastic!


No comments: