Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 26 - I'm blaming the Shredder Council

Well, certain members anyway, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE because I am starting to GET SICK!!! It's like a different kind of computer virus - one transferable to people!! Just kidding, I still love you guys, but what's up with that? Today I have a sore throat and am starting to feel blah so I can feel it coming on. I took extra Vitamin C today and I think I'm going to get some Zinc later but I will be ticked if it takes full hold! Anyway, whine session over. Yesterday was my rest day but I haven't been able to do my workout today because I gave blood and you aren't supposed to do any heavy lifting for 24 hrs so I have to get my workout in after 4:30p today. Which is a challenge, especially on a Friday, but I'll work it out somehow. I just hope I won't be feeling even worse by then and unable to do it. Nope, delete that thought delete delete I will be feeling GREAT by then! :)
In other news, it seems I have inspired Adam to make a video of his own about us and that was pretty cool, ha ha I'm such a "character". Really, Adam, you meant weird it's okay you can say it, I get that all the time. I am a nut. It doesn't really show on this blog because I can edit it but in real life people just don't know what to do about me most of the time. That's, okay, I like being unique! :) So thanks for the video, it was cool, and I'll be doing more of my own because I really liked it and I hope it will get other shredders to do the same so we can get to know each other better.

So when I looked at the video again, here are some fun facts I saw (did anyone pick up on these things?):
1) My dog Jedi makes a guest appearance at the top of the couch. He was in it more in the unedited version but had to be cut out. He'll be in the next one. (and hopefully his face this time)
2) Behind me (slightly to the left) is a huge Transformers poster (one of two). If you don't know what that is, you probably don't recognize it, but my husband is a huge TF nerd and we have that stuff all over the living room. He lives in the 80s I swear.
3) Behind me to the right (through the wall opening into the other room) is a Fathead of a NASCAR car - Bobby Labonte to be exact - also my husband's. It's yellow and light blue and the room is green and mauve. Does not match anything in any way. This makes me realize I let him decorate entirely too much.
4) I talk with my hands a lot. You can't see all of it because of the camera angle but I do and it's funny I think. My family is Italian so that's where that is from (shout out to the Italians, Massi!).
5) I say "you know" entirely too much. I didn't know this until I heard myself so I guess I do this in everyday conversations as well or it would not have happened. I didn't count how many times but it was, you know, a lot :) Need to break that habit.
6) That is the last time I will be wearing that red sweater. That day Jedi jumped on me and got his nail caught in it and ripped a hole in the sleeve. So it will have to live on in cyberspace because it has been retired.

So just thought I would share that because I don't have a lot else to say today since I am feeling under the weather and wanted to cheer myself up by being funny. I crack myself up.
See, I am weird!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i am so sorry if i passed on this "computer" virus. yes, pop the vit. c and the zinc. i am feeling so much better even today.
i so did catch your dog(opps, the back side. rofl) in your video. i laughed and had to show my husband. that was too funny. i had to "rewind" the video because i missed what you said during that part because of your dog. lol! I have young kids so i did catch the transfomer poster, too. don't worry about being "weird" as you say, I was called "goofy" by my friends in college. so i can relate. and my little sister calls me a "dork". lol. you'll have to check out one of my much older posts(i think from june?) where i had a major "goofy" pose thing going on shortly after having my hair cut. lol.
anyways, will have to think some more on doing a video. i'll have to come up with some script or i'll be doing a whole bunch of "and uh's" in my video just like your "you know's". lol

Joni said...

Suzette-
Yeah Jedi loves to show people his...umm...tail :) He is a nut just like me! I enjoy being different it makes things fun! I'll have to search out your June post and see for myself. One of the nice things about doing a video is that you can always edit it so I just did like 5 and clipped them all together :) Have a good day!
-JP

Marbella said...

Hi Joni,
Just loved seeing your photos and all the BIG changes! Congrats for all the hard work. Thanx for all your comments, as that backing helps so much for us newbies. I still haven´t seen your video, but plan on going to see it right now.
Hugs, and good luck in the next round!
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

I noticed Jedi too in the video, you like like you had a dog in your hair for a minute!!!

Isn't it strange the way your body reacts. My take on it is that it knows when you are doing something that is important to you or someone else so somehow it keeps going but the minute you finish it just flops and you get some sort of illness. This has happened to me many times. I am sure it has something to do with the intensity that you put into tasks and when that intensity suddenly ceases the body gives in a needs to recover.

Get plenty of rest and dont' exercise. Everyone knows that you need to rest if you are ill so make this your accountability to while you are ill to show you can recover!!

Take care,

Andrew

Anonymous said...

ok i had to find that old photo of me...it is my july 30 post. your gonna love it...everytime i see it i just laugh at myself! lol. i don't really let too many people see this side of me, so consider yourself special! ;)