Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 22 - Results show

It's day 12 of MS (end of the first round), 11 of the shred - can't believe the group shred is almost over. I am so excited about the things Adam has in store for us in the future, though, because this experience has really been indescribable and I want others to have the chance to participate in it, as well as to continue in it myself. I still have not gotten around to everyone else's blog since I got back, but I'm sure they all feel the same because we have really gotten a great bond between us in such a short period of time.
So today is the last day of round 1, a rest day, and one where I am allowed a reward meal. I was conflicted about this earlier when I looked at my daily sheet because I still wasn't feeling that great about Saturday's food intake and wondered if I should just count that as my reward meal and skip it today. Then I did my weigh and measure and was even more hesitant to have the reward meal. But then I decided to look up and get an idea just how bad that food I ate that day was, just a ball park, so I know the extent of the damage, and you know what? It really wasn't that bad. Again with the blowing things up in your mind. It kind of goes along with what Sammy and I had talked about a while back when we cheat and then feel like the whole day is blown so we just go buck wild and give up on that day. If we were to stop at that one thing, the day could really be saved. And since I had been good overall, I think that really saved me on Saturday because once I looked up the fat content of the things I was feeling guilty about, the total for the day was still only about 40g of fat and I am supposed to stay under 30 but really how bad is that in the grand scheme of things? Not that bad. So I have let that whole scenario go and I will have my reward meal tonight but I'm not sure what it will be yet. Probably not even something that crazy because I don't have anything I'm really craving and I have not been 100% the rest of the time so I do want to make up for that a little. Plus it's Monday and I have my meeting tonight so it's not like we can go out to dinner or anything. I wish I could save up my reward meal for later but I don't want to mess with the nutrient rotation and the meal is put specifically in this place on this day for a reason.
So anyway, here are the measurements for today. I am disappointed because I did not lose weight (maybe 1/2 a pound) but I think that I lost fat because my measurements are down a little so that is what I am hoping. I have not tested my BF because my meter is extremely inconsistant so I'll just have to hope. Here we go:

Weight: 159 (loss of .5 lbs this week, 7 lbs overall) - this is a maybe, my scale is not digital so I can't be sure but I'm going with it

Bicep: 11.75" (loss of 0" this week, .25" overall) actually I realized today that duh I have two arms so my overall total is .5"
Chest: 35.5" (loss of 0" this week, 1" overall)
Waist: 29.5" (loss of .5" this week, 1.5" overall)
Stomach: 32.75" (loss of .25" this week, 1.75" overall)
Hips: 39.25" (loss of .25" this week, 1.75" overall)
Butt: 42.25" (loss of .25" this week, 1.25" overall)
Thigh: 25.75" (loss of .25" this week, .75" overall) and again I have two legs so overall total is really 1.5"

This brings my overall loss total to 9.25" and 7 lbs.
I was feeling a little disappointed at my stats but looking at them now actually it's not bad, I am pretty hard on myself. I guess the fact that I was down 3 lbs after fruit day and then went back up upset me a little but for heaven's sake I only ate fruit all day of course I'm going drop a lot of weight for that one day. And now when I just did my pics I still feel pretty good abou tmy progress. I need to ease up on myself geez. Anyway, I have got to go but I will be on everyone else's blog later on today to check up. See ya!

Comparison pics for my first three weeks:


10 comments:

Kristiina said...

Hi Joni,

I think you're doing great and the results are visible and I'm happy for you. It was also hard for me to take the pics on Day 1.. it's like you don't believe that you look like that until you see the evidence that just makes you grasp some air... But it's now that counts and you are definitely doing good, so keep up the good work and I'll catch you later! :)

Unknown said...

Joni:
Wow, really noticing muscle def all round...excellent job...keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

yes, loving the smile! i think your posture looks better too. is this 7lbs. loss from 12 days ago? if so, that is really amazing progress...it will only get better! you are doing fabulous!

Debbie said...

Joni, I can see the difference too. Remember that after the fruit day you start eating carbs again so I'll bet you have lost fat% which you're not measuring.

Debbie

Joni said...

Hey everybody
Good to see you all. Yeah day 1 was tough I definitely didn't realize I looked that way but to see such results in just 3 weeks I was so glad that I did take the pics because the numbers just don't say as much as the pics do. I am really getting happy with my progress and I know the workouts are doing something because I have been so sore. I didn't really put it in my blog but it was bad so I'm glad to be working hard and seeing the results!
-JP

Michael said...

You look hot...I mean that. You are toned up in the past 12 days. You are obviously working hard.

Mike

Otter Christy said...

Great work Joni! On your fabulous photo progress and working out your thoughts and feelings with your blog. I like reading it, and I like the way you're thinking. Great internal work, and I think it shows in your external progress. Awesome!

Joni said...

Thanks Mike - still having a hard time taking compliments but I know that you are sincere. I am feeling good about my progress but at the same time know I can work harder so I'll just keep improving as much as I can in the coming weeks.

Christy - Thanks again for all your encouragement. I still haven't gotten around to everyone else's blog but I'm sure you are doing well also. Each of us has different goals so it's nice to see everyone making progress in their own ways.

-JP

Sammy said...

Hey joni, I can see the difference I truly do!

Haha, it's such a coincidence that you posted on the "blowing the whole day" thing we talked about because I actually went on a mini binge. I was driving the brakes in the entire while thinking of that thought and manage to stop at dinner.

It wasn't unhealthy just a HELL LOAD of strawberries and fruits and yeap...

Anyways, I can see the difference and you're doing great :)

Unknown said...

Great difference Jodi!
Look at you!
Wahoo!
Congratulations!