Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 46 - On IR

Wow I can't believe it's been that long since I posted...sorry about that guys, I guess I felt like I didn't have anything to write since I was injured. Usually I'm a "push through the pain" kind of girl, since I have a tendency to hurt myself pretty often, but I this one is not something I can do that with. I haven't worked out all week and it's killing me! I have so much less energy and so much more appetite, it seems like. That sucks. But I have been doing well with eating still - on low fat and today is the last day of round 3 of MS. I am supposed to have a cheat meal today but since I have not been exercising and since the next 10 days are recovery days anyway I'm not going to have it. The problem now is I don't know when I should start exercising again. My neck feels better most of the time, and better every day, but last time as soon as I worked out again I was back to hurting so it's hard to decide. Besides today's, which I am still skipping, the next scheduled workout in MS is on day 39 (my day 49) so I think I will continue to rest for two more days just to make sure and then pick it back up then. There's no cardio scheduled for the next 10 days, though, and I'll have to go back and read through the info to see if I can find out why, because I would like to incorporate some HIIT since I have not done any and I am still 5 lbs off of my goal. I am not going to hit that goal, I know, but I would at least like to lose something more before the end of Mission 1. What's with the body giving out right when I need to push it the most? I guess it's just one of those things.
Anyway, I have been taking pictures but I'll post them later on because I have to get going but I wanted you all to know that I'm still here, trying to do what I can, and thanks for the comments from my last post, I'll reply to them tonight hopefully. Keep working, everybody, and I'll be around to your blogs later on to comment. See ya!


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Joni, this happened to me during a muscle round workout and a massage fixed it. If you can, get a massage. Hope you feel better soon.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

have to be careful with the injuries, especially with the neck. you might have some bruising from your bar. I don't like doing barbell squats because of this. I'd rather use dumbells. keeping your diet on track helps when you not working out.

Adam Waters said...

Hi Joni, how are you feeling now? As Suzette said its best to be careful with injuries and give yourself a chance to heal. The 10-day strength and recovery period in Surge has no cardio in order to limit the loss of muscle tissue while giving your body a break.

Cheers,
Adam