Saturday, November 24, 2007

REWIND - Day 40 - The aftermath

Well I say that like the aftermath is bad but it was actually good. I woke up and weighed myself, confident that I would not have gained weight but was still curious, and I was actually down a pound! HA! That's certainly never happened in my life history of Thanksgiving! What a great feeling to not have one meal ruin your progress, and all the guilt associated with that! I have really turned a corner now, I think, mentally, because if I can get through a day all about food then I can get through anything! And I have that feeling to spur me on through the rest of the holidays too!
So for my workout, all I had to do was HIIT and it was awesome with the tiny exception that my quads are sore but I got through it. I love not having to drag myself through 30 or 45 min of cardio to feel like I am doing something. 15 min and done! Why did I not find out about this sooner? So anyway, just lazed around, did not go shopping I am not sadistic like some of these people around here. My mom was at the mall at 3am. Who does that? Everyone, apparently, she said she couldn't find a parking space! Okay, I am just don't need a sale that bad. Anyway, it was nice to just relax with my husband on his day off, and we planned the meals for the upcoming week so I could go grocery shopping and have everything ready to go. I can't believe it's my last week of MS already! I'm actually a little scared about the 10 day recovery period because I am not sure what I am going to do as far as eating "normally" as it says. I feel like I am eating pretty normally now, just with some guidelines, so I guess I'll just continue the same way, just being able to have carbs, fat, and protein all in the same meal again will be interesting :) But I am so happy with my progress I can't even say so I'll be looking forward to the second round of MS coming up that's for sure. Today was all protein and it was pretty easy. I miss having other things but it's only one day and I still feel fine, it's just a mental thing, and it gets better each time I do it. I actually think I like it because it proves to myself that I am in control more and more. It's weird I guess, hard to explain, but I like being able to deprive myself of something for a little while and stick to my goals by doing it. Makes me proud in the end. What can I say, I guess I am a little sadistic... :)

No comments: