Thursday, November 8, 2007

Shredder Council Terminology

"I'd rather do butt lifts"
Origins: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - Suzette's blog post
...I did get my workout in tonight which was a cardio only day, plus I added some "butt lifts." ...
Then the following comments were made:
Christy said...
...Have fun trick or treating with the kids. It's got to be more fun than "butt lifts." lol
Suzette said...
will have to put up some pics of the kids in their costumes...even though this is a "weight loss" blog. actually i would rather do butt lifts. lol.
Christy said...
Okay, why is the phrase, "I'd rather do butt lifts?" so damn funny to me. You totally just coined a new catch phrase. I'm just going to start using that like it's a regular saying. When somebody asks me to do something I don't want to do like what do you think of going to so and so's lame ass party. I'll be all, "Please, I'd rather do butt lifts."

The Potato Wedge Principle (Philosophy)
Origins: Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - Comments posted re: Joni's blog post
Christy said...
Joni, your travel blogs are very inspirational to me. It would be easy to not write about KFC or the potato wedges. Just omit it and pretend like everything is perfect, but writing about it and as they say, "keeping it real," is SO MUCH BETTER...And writing about how you are making choices and adapting and learning and growing, that's stuff I think many people (like me and my sister) can relate to on ANY plan.
Joni said...
Christy - ha ha ha I call it "the potato wedge philosophy" - actually I just made that up, but I believe that if people are going to be watching your progress you have to answer to everything that goes on during your journey and if you don't talk about the setbacks you lose your credibility. I definitely don't want to do that. For me, I think people need to know that you can have weak moments and then just get right back into it and not lose your momentum or hurt your progress...I wouldn't want to be acting like it was all easy when someone is looking in from the outside.

Fruit Day Hangover
Origins: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - Joni's blog post
When I got up I was so focused on getting to my workout, I forgot to have my protein shake, which, after the all fruit day, is VERY necessary. I learned this the hard way during my first set of muscle rounds when I tried to do lunges and nearly passed out after the only the first two sets. And I mean the mini-sets, so 8 reps per leg and I was TOAST! Light headed, dizzy, nauseous, weak, all of it. AAAAHHHHH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this! We'll have to keep our eyes open for future "shredderisms"

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Just catching up on your blogs. I agree 110% if you want to be taken seriously you have to post the setbacks as well as the highpoints, but then that is life, isn't it?

Fantastic video. Just wanted to drop by and say I am still visiting. You look great in your pictures and the difference is really clear. I can empathise with the not being able to see a difference, I am the same when I look at my pictures!

Also with the cookie story. I have been ill for the last 3 days so have not been eating as clean as usual and yesterday was a reward day so I had a small slice but very rich in calories piece of chocolate cheesecake. I have been back to the gym today but it is hard to go back to clean eating today. I have been thinking about the other things that would be nice to eat!

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Love it! The world must know these things. The Potato Wedge Philosophy cannot be lost. So glad it has been put here for all to see.

Plus, I'd rather do butt lifts, MUST become saying. When I fly back to the States, I want to hear it echoing in the streets.