Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 37 - That's it, just day 37

I'm getting to the point where every day is just get up, work out, eat right, repeat. And it's great. Part of my problem has always been re-analyzing the same decisions over and over again. Do I really feel like working out today? Do I need to? I don't have to diet, I can just exercise. I don't have to exercise, I can just diet. I think I'll just start tomorrow, next week, next month, etc and on an on. I guess if I am honest with myself I just wasn't totally committed to making the results happen that I said that I wanted. I wasn't totally committed to the process. I think you have to fall in love with the routine becoming a part of your life. It's like a good marriage. You have to totally commit to the person and then never doubt that decision. It is made, done, there's no turning back. Now you are in the daily maintenance of that decision and you learn to love the routines. At least for me that's how it is. That's how you know you are meant for that person, when you can just do daily life and there's nothing you'd rather be doing. And so it is with this transformation journey - I had to move past the decision process and allow it to become a part of my life that I look forward to every day. Not that it's easy every day but it's certainly not a struggle any more and I work toward making it better all the time. And I love seeing the results of that daily activity, it makes me secure in knowing that I have all that much more incentive to continue in it. Anyway, that's how things are now, in the thick of it, looking forward to GS2 and completing M1 but just enjoying the journey all along and the benefits that I see and feel with each good decision each day. This is what it feels like to have made a lifestyle change, not just a "diet program" or "exercise program". Now it is truly beginning to feel like a Way of Life. Thanks to all of you who have helped me get there and who have become such an important part of the daily activity of my life. I truly hope we can continue this for a very long time and one day all be able to meet face to face. We will all be changed forever by this. I look forward to every minute of it.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Awesome points about just doing it over and over again. Like Lilla's post said today, #4 was "forever" and I love that. You do have to make this a permanent change or all the hard work was for naught.

Anonymous said...

awesome, awesome, awesome post today, Joni! What you said is what I felt for over 12 years! I would always analyze...Always say to myself..."I need to do this...I need to lose weight" but it was always for another day, never for today, never for "right now". It did come down to just making that decision to "just do it", stop thinking about doing it, stop talking about doing, Just Do It! (kind of like a Nike commercial. lol) this line of thinking can go into your professional life as well.
ok Joni, I "know" we will meet someday. You are just too close to my in-laws for me not to visit you when we visit them(they are in Glen Burnie, MD) and I know I'll be visiting with Debbie as we're only about 3 hours from each other.

Otter Christy said...

Joni! I concur with the others! Awesome post. Marriage is such an amazing metaphor. I knew you were onto something big when I read that potato wedge principal and I am not joking. You really dug deep and contemplated the nature of how some decisions are made and which ones work and why and came up with the goods. You're a real thinker--in the old school super cool sense of the word. I love that about you.

I really am glad I read this for so many reasons like the others said, so I'll post one that is TOTALLY weird.

I just read a post that made me think a husband wouldn't be too bad an idea. Like, I can see where having a man around can be down right handy. (which is an unusual thought for me) And then I read this post right after. So, I'm thinking like, "Hey, maybe I COULD be married and LOVE it." Not like a one day sort of thing like I tell people so they change the conversation at dinner, but in a serious I-could-see-myself enjoying something like Joni's describing way.

I have not had that kind of thought in my entire adult life. Suzette mentioned having new thoughts when reading blogs, well, this post has that in SPADES. So many different levels. I just know other people will be commenting about so I thought I'd throw in this odd one for variety. Bet you wouldn't guess your post would renew someone's interest in the concept of marriage when you wrote it, huh? lol I've been alone in this darn room, too long.

But, don't tell my Mom I've had these thoughts on marriage. lol

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT VIDEO.

Adam Waters said...

Great post Joni, that's how I felt too for 6 years, It really helps to fall in love with the process because the journey never really ends, but the journey is so much more fun when you hit a big goal!

Adam

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

Agree with you 110% you gotta love it it to keep going and in my experience you have to keep it varied, spice it up sometimes to keep that love in the air. It can and does get a bit boring sometimes, in life, marriage and exercise so we every so often need to get that spark again. Thanks for more food for thought.

Take care,

Andrew