Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 43 - Countdown...

Well I only have 4 days left of MS Level 1 before my recovery period, one week before the halfway point of my mega-mission and only 2 weeks before the end of Mission 1 so I think I need to be really strict in order to make my goals. Here are my stats for today:

Weight: 155 lbs (loss of 2# this week, 11# overall)
Bicep: 11.5" (loss of 0" this week, 1" overall)
Chest: 35" (loss of 0" this week, 1.5" overall)
Waist: 29" (loss of .25" this week, 2" overall)
Stomach: 32.5" (loss of 0" this week, 2" overall)
Hips: 38.75" (loss of .25" this week, 2.25" overall)
Butt: 41.5" (loss of .25" this week, 2" overall)
Thigh: 25.25" (loss of .5" this week, 2.5" overall)
Total inches lost: 1.25" this week, 13.25" overall

I have definitely been losing weight one week and not the next, must just be a side effect of the nutrient cycling, if so I lose more weight on low carb than I do low fat but I wouldn't be able to stick to low carb if it wasn't for the upcoming low fat days so it's like a catch 22. That's okay, I'm losing, that's all that matters, and I probably would have been even less had I not done dessert three times last week but hey, it's the holidays! Not that I am unhappy with the results, but my goal is to be 150# by the end of Mission 1 so I still have 5 more lbs to go. At the rate I have been going, that doesn't seem likely, but actually I guess I won't be that upset about it, as I said in another post, because I can see the results in my pictures, I feel better, and this is a lifetime journey. As long as I'm making progress there's no reason to get upset about reaching or not reaching a certain number. I did think that those goals were attainable, though, but I have all of Mission 2 to make up the difference because those goals are a little less aggressive. And the other little monkey wrench in my plans is that I have been battling a neck injury and it is pretty bad today. I think that I did it from having the olympic bar on the back of my neck for squats with no cushion. My own dumb fault, I know, but it's not like I squat that much weight. It's only on one side, so I think I must have slightly pinched a nerve or something because the pain goes from the back of my head, into my shoulder, and down my trapezius at times. Sometimes it's fine and other times it flares up, depending on how much exercise I do. I thought after my two rest days from weights it was fine but I must have done something because I can hardly move my head this morning. And I did lunge squats yesterday but I guess maybe just holding the weight pulled it again or something. I don't know but I had to have Motrin before I could even get out of bed. So I think I am going to take it easy today and maybe by this afternoon it will have subsided enough to get in my workout but I don't want to push it. So that will put a damper on my progress, but I will overcome that by eating as clean as possible. Monkey wrench #2 is that on Dec. 6 I am going to NYC for my birthday with my mom, sister, and best friend, and I was going to indulge some at lunch that day, but you know, thinking about it, I don't really feel the need to. I guess I'll see when I get there, but I would rather save it for my real birthday when I go out to dinner with my husband. At any rate, all of those days fall within the recovery period which is supposed to be normal eating so I think what I feel like is indulgence will probably still be at least maintenance calories, if not lower, because my metabolism should be safely raised up by then. You know what, I'll cross those bridges when I come to them, I want to plan ahead but for now I will just take it one day at a time and just keep it in the back of my mind that they are coming up.
Anyway, that's what's going on with me today. I'm off to put a heating pad on my neck for a while and have some hot tea and see how that goes. I do have to get some work done today but it's still early here so hopefully I can start to feel better quickly and get going.
Here are my comparison pics - I would have never realized how far I've come had I not taken pictures. I would even have been able to rationalize the inches lost, but the photos just don't lie. So so so so so glad I took them even though the day ones were painful...just makes today's even sweeter!


8 comments:

Jemi9OD said...

Wow Joni, you're doing so great - you can really tell in your pics!

I hope your neck feels better soon - I have occasional back pain that plagues me, and I know I have a hard time when it even feels like it's going to flare up. Good on you though for sticking with your exercise and for hardening down on your nutrition!

Anonymous said...

Wow! so true that the pictures don't lie! I know you are glad you took those first days pictures. you sure can tell how unhappy you were but look at you now all smiles! woo hoo! every little .25" counts so much. I am sure your clothes are getting looser too! Take it easy with the next issue. even if it is minor right now, you don't want it to become worse. If at all possible, do an alternate exercise with dumbells or something. Either way, you are doing great. push hard for those 5 lbs. but if it doesn't come off by the end of mission one, keep pushing hard until it does. you KNOW you WILL get there!

Marbella said...

Hi Joni,
WOW! Your photos show you have lost about half of what you were at the start! That is so good, and know so much effort on your part. So proud of you.
Hope your neck is better.....
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

I'm sooo sorry, I did mean Joni and not Christy, I do apologise.

Looks like we are both counting down to the end of our won missions. Keep the intensity going but rest that neck, the last time I hurt my upper shoulder it took me out of lifting weights for nearly a month as I kept trying too soon without letting it heal properly.

I will keep checking back in to see how your final days are going.

Your pics and progress have been amazing and the encouragment you have given others including myself is awesome.

Take care,

Andrew

Sammy said...

1 inch 2 inch 3 inch... Aaaah so complicated!

I look at your picture and you've lost so much weight! Esp ard the middle in the back and front and side pics... Okay that sounded like all the pics...

Debbie said...

Joni,

You're the incredible shrinking woman! I can see noticable differences in your pics. Keep up the awesome work.

Debbie

Bec said...

Hi Joni, I cant believe you've lost so much in such a short time. Please tell me your secret!!! I'm doing met surge and sounds like I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you. I've really tried to follow the meal plans but I know I dont always get all the vegies in. I work as hard as i can in the workouts and I haven't even lost an ounce.
well done Joni, keep going.
Bec

Alex Anselmo said...

Great progress, Joni! You're on the right track of unstoppable physique transformation. Keep it up, girl!
However, rest your neck as needed.

Keep on shredding!!!

Alex(",)