Sunday, November 4, 2007

REWIND - Day 18 - Travelling!

So this was Thursday 11/1/07 - Day 8 of MS, 7 of the shred
I was up at 5 so that I could get in my workout before I had to pack and leave for my trip by 7:30. I was pretty proud of myself even for that little victory that I got up and did my workout because I knew I should do it and I would have no other time that day, even though I was up late the night before and tired. Enough whining. It was the first session of muscle rounds and I really enjoyed it but I was definitely working hard. It was all lower body which worked out really well because I could do more weight while I still was at home whereas I used resistance bands for my upper body while traveling. This day also started the 5 day low fat part of the nutrition so I was a little unsure how that would go while away since I didn't have control over what I was served. I had a protein shake as soon as I got up because I really needed the protein before I worked out. Then I was running late by the time I got ready so I ended up having a slim fast shake for breakfast. While on the road, we stopped at a Subway so I had a wrap there that was low fat and fairly low carb. The dinner that night was the first event so I had no control over that one - it was roast beef with mashed potatoes and veggies. They also served a salad and bread. I skipped the potatoes and the bread but did have the salad with italian dressing. Overall I feel I did pretty good. I had to eat the roast beef even though it was red meat because I really needed some more protien and it was pretty lean so hopefully not too much fat. We were up until 11:30 so it was tough to set the alarm for 6am but classes started at 9 and I needed to get my workout in so that's what I planned to do and went to bed committed to giving up sleep in favor of the workout. Tune in to the next day's post to see if I really did get up on time and work out....

I did want to answer the questions that Adam posted on his blog for this day because I think they are really good. Here they are:
What has surprised you the most so far?
Lots of things....how easily I have been able to follow the program, how supportive everyone has been, how well everyone has stuck to it so far, how much I've learned, how hard it is to eat nothing but fruit all day (ha ha) but I think the MOST has been how satisfying it has been to flip that switch from daily guilt trips to being proud of my (and other's) accomplishments and that it really wasn't as hard as I made it to be in my mind - I wish this would have happened sooner!
What are your own personal milestones so far?
I have lost 6 lbs and 6+ inches, I can see a difference in my stomach and back in my pics, I have posted (nearly) every day and done the workouts as listed every day
What victories have you posted so far?
My main victory has been over my own negative thoughts about myself
What challenges have you faced and overcome so far?
Actually I haven't really had many challenges, at least not large ones, just the daily battle so far (as of day 18), but the greatest one has been getting through this business trip and there will be more about that later...
See you soon!
Here's the pics:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you for getting up early to get your workout in. the day after fruit day you really need to load up on both protein and healthy carbs. you did great at making good food choices. you have come a long way all around...weight loss, dropping inches, and mentallly! but...you are not done!!!keep going strong. envision what it will be like when you reach your goals! you will feel so great and your confidence will just soar!

Bec said...

Wow you are doing great to have lost 6lbs. fantastic. Keep it up.
Bec

Joni said...

Thanks guys - this has been such an intersting experience and I have really enjoyed it. I have felt very empowered, taking control of this whole situation and having such a specific plan to follow, it has been great and you're right Suzetter, I still have lots to go but I am so happy with my results so far and by the time the next shred comes around I'll be hot hot hot :)
-JP