Sunday, November 25, 2007

Day 42 - Thanksgiving Part 2

Well obviously I didn't post yesterday night but things have been going well. I did as planned - fruit all day and then low fat dinner. Well, mostly low fat because I did have a piece of cake for dessert but I made the cake with applesauce instead of oil so it was low fat, the only part that wasn't was the icing. Anyway, I think it was still good, especially since it was all the fat I had all day. Jeff liked the food so much he wanted to have it again tonight so I made another turkey breast and we had the leftovers of everything else. Actually I had a piece of wheat bread with some turkey and gravy with a side of green beans so I had even less than yesterday. I did have a small piece of cake again though. This is why I don't make things like that often. I eat them. But again, I think I was fine because I had high-protein cereal for breakfast, turkey and cranberry sauce for lunch, and pineapple for a snack earlier today. Like I said before, I don't technically count everything right now because I still have results and I am going more for lifestyle changes than strict dieting style. I might ramp it up in compliance during Mission 2, depending on where I am results-wise, but I want to be able to not feel too deprived. And I am still eating way better than I would have in the past so I know that I am doing well. Plus I don't want to slow down my metabolism by eating too little, I am sure I have done that in the past as well.
Today's workout was muscle rounds - I did okay but was pretty tired early on. Thankfully it was a short workout today. I didn't have a protein shake before like I usually plan on after the all fruit day since I had a meal last night and I thought that would be enough, but it was barely enough. I was still digging for energy and had a shake as soon as I was finished. Then I felt much better. My quads were still sore from several days ago, which was pretty strange I thought, so I think I may not be getting enough protein for muscle rebuilding. I need to pay more attention to that. Anyone know of another reason that would be happening? Usually the day after a workout I am sore, then more so the next day, then nothing after that. So that was the only thing about the workout. Otherwise, today was very restful again - nice long weekend with my husband so not really looking forward to Monday and getting back to work. But need to get moving anyway, almost the end of the month and that's a big thing for me. Tomorrow is measurement day so we'll see if I came out ahead after this up and down week. Hope all is well with all of you and I'll see you soon!
Here's my pics:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joni:
I know what you mean about eating your own baking, so stay out of the kitchen. Then again when you crave something sweet, it is best to bake your own cause you know what's inside...take the rest to work or pack it into your hubby's lunch! Say, care to share that recipe with me? You're on track and pics are telling a positive tale. Have a successful week!

Sammy said...

It just mean you had a darn good workout! The more it hurts the better :)

Talking about baking, I've a mango cake baking in the oven right now woohoo! It's mango season over here and I'm kinda crazy over them. I had like 4 yesterday... Okay you did NOT see that

Jemi9OD said...

Oh yes, even I have trouble with baking. Generally, my baking involves yummy things, but high calorie/high fat things. And of course I have to partake. For the good of the family, you know? To make sure it's safe. ;)

So I try to pass up any yummy cake/brownie/etc mixes, because I know I'll destroy my progress if I even -think- about it!