Sunday, November 4, 2007

REWIND - Day 19 - Did I wake up?

Friday, 11/2/07 - Day 9 of MS, 8 of shred

Of course I got up! 6am bright eyed and bushy tailed (well, neither, actually, but awake none the less) I took my daily photo and did my muscle rounds on my upper body with the resistance bands. It worked out pretty well I think. Plus I was able to relax and take my time getting ready since I was up early. It was a big win for me since I had 6 1/2 hrs of sleep and I'm no good on less than 8 usually. But it was important enough to me and that's the key. I had my protein shake after the workout but I didn't have many choices as to what I ate all day - the meals were served there, but I just eliminated things that were too much fat and lived with the rest. There was dessert at lunch and dinner and I didn't eat either and really didn't have that hard a time resisting it. And dinner was a buffet with lots of bad choices on it so I just had a chicken breast (which was fried but I took the skin off of it) and veggies. Oh and one hush puppy about the size of a quarter. So that was my little treat but I think I did pretty good. Since I wasn't the one cooking I'll never know exactly what was in the more innocent seeming things but oh well can't do anything about that, you know? I do know that I didn't get enough water or protein but I survived. I wasn't able to get internet access the day I arrived (and had no time) so I was a day behind e-mailing my photo in to Adam. I was determined to get it to him somehow so after much trial and error, three different computers, and four different locations, I got him a two very rough photos that were passable until I got back. I was up until 12:30 that night because of that so I was very tired but glad that I didn't compromise as it would have been easy to do on both my food commitment and my photo. So another day in the books.
Here's my on the road pic (not good!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! you go girl! you made the committment and stuck to your guns! am so proud of you! fantastic!

Joni said...

Suzette,
Glad I got through it, every win makes the next choice all that easier to make. And I think others see that committment and admire the dedication. Hopefully we can be an example to those around us in that way.
-JP

Otter Christy said...

ALL RIGHT! Tremendous dedication in the face of a lot of adversity actually. Lots of things getting thrown at you and traveling and buffets and computers. You know Adam didn't travel on his Day 19. He had like a lot of "mission time" under his belt. You have stuck it out and with all the pressure of being on the big blog. Very, very impressive.

Joni said...

Christy-
Thanks. I was a little down on myself for the small slips but then I thought, you know, I could have scrapped it all like I usually do but it was more important to me to keep up with everyone else here, knowing you all are pulling for me. Such a big help!
Thanks!
-JP