Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 48 - Yuck!

Well today will be short because, to be honest, I feel like crap. I have got to get healed up and start exercising again because that just adds to this feeling. But the real problem was my impromptu party I had with my husband and brothers-in-law because one of them got a new job. It started out as just lunch and since I am in the "recovery" stage I thought I would go ahead and have something to eat that I haven't in forever - chicken fingers and fries. I was fine with that but then after we hung out for a while after lunch, we decided to go out and play some pool. At a bar. So then I had some Smirnoff Ices. It was weird - I know I shouldn't have had them and I have really not been into alcohol lately but I don't know, I was kind of in a "throw caution to the wind and binge" kind of mood for some reason. Whatever it was, I ended up having 4-5 drinks, then topped it off with two slices of pizza and 3 shots. OUCH! So I have felt totally nasty ever since. Having not drank in a while, I thought that it would hit me pretty hard, but it didn't, so I just kept on drinking and that was so dumb. It totally wrecked my stomach putting all that junk in there. At least I didn't throw up but man I almost wish I had because then I would have gotten rid of some of that junk. But anyway, I have just been recovering today and tomrorrow hopefully I'll be back to normal. Plus tomorrow I'm supposed to start lifting again so if I can do that pain free I will be excited and that will get me back to feeling good I am sure. Don't know why I did all that to myself, though, but at least I know that it's not worth it that's for sure. In case I didn't already know. Well, I'm gonna go to bed early tonight and start fresh tomorrow. Catch up with everyone soon!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you know, that kind of stuff happens. your body is telling you that it didn't like what you put into it. You've got that behind you now and you know come tomorrow or the next day that you will back into the swing of things. I think we all go through that type of thing. some longer than others.(mine started at thanksgiving and lasted for about a week! darn pie!!! like it jumped right into my mouth! lol)so just pick yourself back up, brush yourself off, and get back into the game! you can do it! (hoping the neck is feeling better!)

Unknown said...

Joni:
Don't beat yourself up over it! Just use that energy to refocus on this week and you'll find that it will be a rewarding week.

Debbie said...

Joni, I agree, these things will happen. What I've found is that with alcohol usually comes overeating and eating the wrong foods (at least for me). Chalk it up to a learning experience and start back on your program with a vengeance.

Debbie

Jemi9OD said...

I don't have anything that the others haven't already said, but I'm a prime example of how the less desirable choices can stick around. Around my birthday, I told myself that after nearly three months on program I was going to live a little! So I did. Unfortunately, it went from my birthday to a week past to a month past!

These types of things are only truly "bad" if we allow them to continue for a prolonged period. I was relatively lucky - six weeks (!) off of my program and I hadn't gained back too much, and then I ran into you guys and started back up again.

So hang in there Joni - you can allow yourself once in a while and get right back on your program. At least it was during your recovery phase!

Hope you're doing well now =)

Joni said...

Hey everybody, thanks for the support, it's great to have people out there telling it like it is and keeping me in the right frame of mind. Talk to you all soon!