Sunday, March 30, 2008

Special Notice - Voting closes today!

Just a reminder that voting on the pushup challenge winner ends at midnight tonight and the results and winner will be announced tomorrow. Right now the voting is pretty tight, 43% to 56%, so every vote counts!
I'll be by to unveil other exciting exploits later on today, but otherwise today (as have been the last 5 days) is a rest day, gearing up for big things ahead. Plus I needed that long to recover from Tom's workout, (Adam I don't know how you're doing it!) I swear that's the longest stint of DOMS I've ever had! Thanks man! Actually, it probably would have been better if I was training, but I was only doing Jujitsu so that's not weights. However, I forgot to mention that on Thursday, I did my first dynamic ground work since last year's tournament and it felt great! I am so much stronger and have so much more wind than before it was so AWESOME! It was just a quick round, but I got up and wasn't even breathing hard, and believe me, everyone was because it is unlike any kind of exercise you usually get. I guess you would call it mostly isometric, because you move very little, but you are struggling against another human trying to pin you down, so it is very tiring. So needless to say, I was very happy to be in good form even though I am not even in tournament prep mode yet. Once I start that, man, I'll be force to be reckoned with (I hope!). That will be my redemption, winning this year where I lost last year. Actually, it isn't even the winning against the other person that I care about, it's the fact that I was so winded that I couldn't even defend myself, and that was scary. So if I can just win over my own body, I'll be satisfied. Winning the event would be a bonus.
So anyway, that's why I have not been talking much about training and nutrition, and though I have not been training, nutrition has been passable. Mostly clean with a few reward meals, and then tomorrow it's back in action. A mini-vacation, but I'm ready to go back "home" to the Shredder World :) See you later on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni, so great about your tournament! I believe you will win your big tournament! because you will be in great shape! I can already so your trophy in hand!!

Marbella said...

Love it that you are into so many things. One day, everything will fall into place and you´ll have a trophy room full of prizes. The best part is that you are doing all this for just you...the tournaments, challenges are just frosting...
Lynda

Joni said...

Suz - Thanks, I will certainly be focusing on that come summer and I am so excited! You guys will be the first to know how it goes!
Lynda - Thanks, you are right, everything is extra beyond the changes I can see, feel and think about in myself. That's the real reward. Beating down other people (especially the men) is just a bonus :)