Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 148 - Yay fruit

It's funny how much I look forward to having fruit after the low carb phase and then how quickly I get tired of it by the end of the day. Oh, well, I'm enjoying it for now - it's still early! :)

So here's my measure data for this morning:
Weight: 148 lbs (loss of 2# this week, loss of 4# in M3, 18# overall)
Omron bf: 23.6% (loss of 1.5% in M3)
MS bf: 18.4% (loss of 0% in M3, loss of 4.7% overall)

Bicep: 11.5" (loss of 0" this week, GAIN of .5" in M3, loss of 1" overall)
Chest: 35" (loss of 0" this week, 0" in M3, 1.5" overall)
Waist: 28" (loss of .25" this week, .25" in M3, 3" overall)
Stomach: 31.5" (loss of 0" this week, GAIN of .5" in M3, loss of 3" overall)
Hips: 37.5" (loss of 0" this week, .25" in M3, 3.5" overall)
Butt: 40.5" (loss of 0" this week, .5" in M3, 3" overall)
Thigh: 24.75" (loss of .5" this week, .5" in M2, 3.5" overall)
Total inches: loss of .75" this week, loss of .5" in M3, LOSS of 18.5" overall

So I am back on the trend of loss for inches, scale weight, and body fat this week which is a relief. I have been going up and down slightly in at least one of these categories every week since I began mission 3. I guess that is a reflection of the fact that I started to slack off once my 100 days was over, but with ECSS coming up I have done much better the past two weeks. So that shows, except of course not as much as I had hoped it would by now, but at least they are going down. I think as far as my measurements go, I was a little aggressive with them early on so I may have pulled a little tight on some of them before, which is why I am showing a gain now. I just think I am being more accurate and consistent with my tape now. I only have 8 more pounds to go in the weight department but 6% in the body fat (according to the Omron) and I don't know how many inches. According to the MS calculator, if I lose only 1 more inch in the waist and am down to my goal of 140#, I will be at 17% bf. I don't know about that. I wish I knew what my measurements were back when I was 17% before, I would have something to go by, but those records are long gone. I do know that I could wear those jeans I have been trying on for the clothing challenge and I can't get into them yet so I definitely need to get rid of some more inches. My original goal by ECSS was to lose 30 total inches and I have only gotten to 18.5 so that's 11.5 more and I don't know whether that is realistic. I don't want to lose any more in my arms or chest, and my waist is pretty low already. Maybe another .5" but I don't think much more will come off of there. I could definitely lose about 2" off my stomach though. And more than that off my hips and butt, maybe 3" each. And probably 2" off each thigh. That would be pretty awesome. So let's see, thats...12.5" so yeah, I guess 30 total inches is pretty good. Not by ECSS of course, but ultimately, that seems about right.
I am happy for the little things so far, though, like being able to fit into more of my clothes comfortably (and some I couldn't fit into at all), seeing some abs again, and my thighs not rubbing together anymore. So that's the story for now, today is a rest day because it is all fruit but I may post later on tonight just to catch up on how much I am tired of fruit by then :) Keep up the good work, all, and can't wait to see the rest of the NY4 in 2 WEEKS!!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Joni, congrats on your results this week! I can't wait to have a 28" waist!

Debbie

Christina said...

Yeah, you sed it...thighs not rubbing is a huge milestone!

You are doing great! Just 4get about the scale...keep looking in the mirror at your body - it's getting firmer and stronger every day/ :)

Adam Waters said...

You are doing great Joni because you are consistent in your losses which really is the key. Also, Ceekeye is right too, your pics will tell you a lot!
See you soon!

Joni said...

Debbie - thanks, it has been a long time coming! :)

Ceekaye - yeah, it's those kinds of things that really make a difference I think. I just can't get away from the scale entirely but I certainly place less emphasis on it than I used to. And I am getting more familiar with my natural ups and downs so that helps as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Adam - Thanks! I am glad to be on the downward trend that's for sure. I have to post my pics from the past few days - I have taken them just not edited them - so I haven't looked at the comparisons but I hope they show the difference because I feel one. Only two weeks left!!! See you then!