Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 150 - 5 months!

Here's yesterday's post, a little late:
So it's been that long (and that short!) of a time since I started this blog. What a ride it's been so far...there's so much I have learned from this experience, but here's a few things that stand out to me:
1) Strangers can unite over common life struggles, work toward goals together, and become much closer to each other in the process than you thought you could be to people you've never met.
2) Putting on your bikini every day and posting a picture of you in it on the internet is a great motivator.
3) Having a strong community and accountability structure is ESSENTIAL to long term weight loss success.
4) There IS such a thing as too much fruit.
5) You don't have to be perfect, you just have to show up and keep working, and the results will follow.

There are many more, and maybe I'll start a long list somewhere, but that's all I'm going to get philosophical about for now. Today's workout was lower body muscle rounds and that's always a killer for me but it was great. Upped my weight in squats and calf raises but couldn't yet in deadlifts. My back was already tired from the squats so I had to kind of short the hamstrings today. No biggie - they will get more work next time. Nutrition was low fat today - I haven't been calorie counting so I know that's not good but I have been keeping to the fat numbers so it can't be too bad. Still, I need to make sure I do not go over 1600 cals for this stage.
I also finally got my vitamins today, I have been waiting for them for over a week. So I had my first dose of glutamine yesterday, we'll see if that makes any difference, and I also did end up getting chia seeds so I'll be having fun with those over the next few days. I put them in some crystal light lemonade and it made it very filling. I was expecting them to dissolve more and they didn't, so though you could not taste them, you could see little black seeds floating in the cup. Kind of weird but whatever, I'll try almost anything once. So more on that later, for now gotta get going. ECSS is so close!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this truly is a great experience! to have such a connection with people over the internet is amazing. it is all about a supporting community of people striving for the same goal. it's a privilege and a pleasure being a part of this RTP SHREDDER community!

Adam Waters said...

Very cool post Joni, I dig your Top 5 and I think No.1 is right on the money. Its amazing to see what has hapenned in real time...and what is yet to come!

See you soon,
Adam

Michael said...

Chia seeds? Interesting...you got me Googling the little buggers!