Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 160 - Live from ECSS (Day 1)

Well everyone it is finally here! ECSS has begun and is better than we could have planned! To backtrack, yesterday I spent the day preparing for the weekend and cleaning the house so I could focus totally on ECSS the rest of the days. I had lunch with Jeff and then went down to Baltimore to pick up Suzette from the airport. Everything worked with perfect timing and we hit it off right away. After returning from the airport, it was right back out to my nephew's birthday party. That was interesting, trying to explain how I knew Suzette and what we were doing this weekend to my family who doesn't really get the whole 'Shredder Lifestyle'. It's hard to explain to the uninitiated. But I had a chance to visit with everyone, avoided eating birthday cake, but did have a little ice cream cup because it was only 100 calories. Then it was back home to relax a little, talk some more, and watch a movie.
Fast forward to today. Jedi woke me up bright and early and although I tried to get extra sleep it wasn't happening so come 8 am I was ready to do my workout. Suzette was up as well so we decided to get in our fat loss circuit (part 2-aka legs, shoulders, triceps) workout. It was cool having someone else to work out with for a change. We had a fabulous workout and then filled up on some lovely protein aka spinach omelets. Afterwards, Suzette got a massage and I spent a little time with Jeff, then we both got ready to get on the road! We left at 1:45 and would have gotten there just about 4pm except that there was some bad traffic right as we got into the city and then we almost got into the Holland tunnel which would have put us WAY off track so I had to cut across 5 or so lanes of traffic and almost gave Suzette a heart attack. Then we were all adrenaline rushed the rest of the drive. My GPS seemed like it was taking us in circles, but we got where we were supposed to be right on time.
So then the good stuff really starts. And unfortunately, since it was a Shredder Council only meeting, I cannot divulge what was discussed over dinner but suffice it to say it was exciting and will be implemented more in the days to come. The actual Summit meeting isn't until Monday so that's when the really intense idea exchange will be, but so far things have just been so out of this world, I can't image how great it will be then. Seeing everyone for real just put a wonderful new layer on the relationship we have built with each other over the last 150 or so days. It was, as Adam would say, such a "spin-out"! :) So more to come, stay tuned for lots of exciting reports from the Summit, and I'll leave you with this first Official Council photo!
P.S. HAPPY DAY 500 ADAM!!! THANKS FOR SHARING IT WITH US!!

6 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Joni, it was awesome meeting you and the NY4 tonight! And yes, you have totally "scooped" me, LOL! I'm still playing catch up on my blog. Have a safe trip back home and see you again very soon for ECSS Training Day!
Adam

Adam Waters said...

P.S. Thats is a great picture of us, an already awesome memory from a great night!

Marbella said...

Joni! Am so blown away at finally getting to see the ECSS! Finally, all of you guys together and loved it! Thanx for posting so fast. Now am on pins and needles to see what went on and all the fun you´ll have at TomVs gym tomorrow. Thanx for posting. Loved seeing all you guys together. What an adventure!
Hugs,
Lynda

Michael said...

Joni, what a great pic! You all look awesome! Yes, what a spin-out!

kelv rose said...

Hey Joni,

Must have been great all of you meeting up, Hope you have a good training day
Kelv

Joni said...

Hey everyone - just trying to get back in the swing of things with replying to my comments, so sorry this is a little late, but thanks to all of you who have been checking up on me for ECSS updates!
Adam - what a great day!
Lynda - wish you were here! Hopefully you'll be able to swing the next one :)
Michael & Kelv - thanks, the meeting was awesome and unbelievable!