Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 200 - Bad way to celebrate

Well sorry to say I am not much in a "waxing poetic about my journey" kind of mood right now. I do want to do a landmark post for this auspicious occasion, but I spent several hours in a dentist's chair today, spent a serious butt-load of money that I wasn't planning on putting out, and am currently on Percocet. Not a friendly-chatter or refective-mood enhancing set of circumstances. So I will be back tomorrow with something, provided I am feeling better, but for now I am still just relaxing and trying to deal with this pain without being too whiny. On the upside, I have to restrict what I eat (can only chew on one side and nothing hard) so maybe that will keep my nutrition good, but to be honest, when I feel like crap food is the first thing I turn to. Thus today has been a soft junk food day. But only a little at a time because I just don't feel like eating much, although I get hungry and have cravings. It's weird. Anyway, it was a scheduled rest day so I didn't have to worry about exercise, normally I would have had Jujitsu as a bonus, but since I was on meds I didn't want to work out and couldn't drive anyway. That was my day - tomorrow we are supposed to be doing a lot of work around/on the house so it should involve a lot of physical activity as well as that I am going to do a TT workout, I'm just not sure which. The Total Body 10 was pretty good, I can feel some soreness, so with a little tweaking I could make it a great supplement when I get bored. Well, done babbling for now, don't feel like I'm making much sense anyway (another side effect of the meds?) and I'll be back with something better soon. My log's kind of in a shambles today but I'll make the best of it I can.
P.S. I finally read the enormous backlog of blog posts that I still had not gotten to since I don't know when. Anyway, hopefully I have commented at least once to everyone, I'm sorry if I missed anyone but it started to run together a little after a while. It is so inspiring to see so many shredders working together toward common goals yet each blazing their own trail. We owe it all to Adam. So thanks everyone for being so dedicated and of course the biggest thanks of all to our fearless leader ADAM!
P.P.S. I hate my pics today - looking and feeling bloated and overall not a happy camper. Guess I should have taken them BEFORE the dentist :)

















DAY 32 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?8a - protein pancakes
1
Meal #2?12p - salad, chicken
1
Meal #3?5p - "free" meal
1
Meal #4?8p - low fat ice cream
1
Meal #5?10p - skipped
0
Meal #6?none - slept in
1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
0
Weights or Rest?rest
1
Cardio or Rest?rest


1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1






Daily Score:10 of 12







Cumulative:337 of 384







Compliance:87.8%




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni, so sorry you had to have such an experience at the dentist. i do hope it will feel better tomorrow(friday). and for the record you don't look bloated.
with so many blogs to keep up on it is hard to comment on everyone and still get to bed at a decent hour or get anything done in the day...
well, here's hoping for a better day on Friday!

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

Hope you are feeling better today. Well if that's bloated then I sure wish I looked as bloated as you!!!

I know you didn't feel like celebrating but CONGRATULATIONS on the 200 days mark that is some milestone.

Keep up the great work and thanks for your continued support.

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Congrats on the 200 day mark!

Dental pain is the worst. Even on your meds you managed to get those photos taken and get ten out of 12. Pretty darn great if you ask me.

Christina said...

Hi Joni, best wishes for maximum dental pain relief today =D I'd say you're on target despite the minor setbacks of Percocet.

Debbie said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Joni. Dental pain is one of the worst!

Mike Groom said...

Fantastic job on 200 days! Shame the day wasn't perfect for you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Michael said...

Great job on 200 days! Keep it up!

Marbella said...

Remember what I $aid about the denti$t pain? You really could buy a new car with a visit to them now. Hope you´re better soon. The good part is it´s over!
If that´s BLOAT...give me some....
Lynda