Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 206 - Hmmm....

Well I have gotten to everyone's blog but didn't post comments on all - sorry but like we are all saying it is tough to keep up with everything and "real life" too. Everyone looks like they are doing great and following their own paths yet we all walk together too. It is a great community. Thanks to Adam for being the catalyst for this all. Today was another ordinary day. I had to go to work early so I did not get in my TT workout today but I'm going to give myself a rest day (my calves are killing me!) and make it up tomorrow. I will lose a point if I don't get to it tomorrow but that won't happen so I don't have to worry about it! I know it isn't that late that I couldn't fit it in now but I am really beat. I did have a chance to do a little reflection earlier during my AVP and I still have so much mental work to do. It's kind of sad because I really felt like I was making progress but then I looked back and realized that man I have so far to go. I am glad for making any progress, that's for sure, but sometimes I think I need counseling or something because everything just shouldn't be this hard. I can't even describe what I am trying to say, it's just that I am having a lot of problems reaching all of my goals and I am spinning my wheels something fierce. Including on the physique transformation. Something has got to give soon or I'm going to have a serious problem. Anyway, you all don't want to hear about that, sorry, got a little lost in my issues for a minute. Meals were good today, had a lot of salad, but am still falling short in the water department. One thing catches up, another slides....story of my life. So tomorrow's a new day, right? I'll be here...

















DAY 38 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?6a - protein shake
1
Meal #2?10a - ham sandwich
1
Meal #3?1p - cobb salad
1
Meal #4?4p - cottage cheese, mango
1
Meal #5?7p - grilled chicken caesar
1
Meal #6?9p - fruit bar
1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
0
Weights or Rest?rest
1
Cardio or Rest?rest


1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1


















Daily Score:11 of 12





Cumulative:401 of 456






Compliance:87.9%




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about being at a standstill, not just with physique changes but with life, too. just keep plugging away doing what you know is right thing to do. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" That is something we must do, no matter how hard it may seem. I know I try to do it on my own sometimes and it just doesn't work!

Mike Groom said...

It can get pretty hectic. I only have limited time and some days it is a struggle to get around even just to read.

Rob said...

Joni,

I hope you find peace and serenity today.

I use to have a friend who wanted to get married more then anything in the world. He would go out with any and everybody trying to find that “perfect” match. He was constantly getting hurt and smothering every woman he met.

My advise to him was ‘sometimes the harder we look for something, the more difficult it becomes to find.’ ‘The moment we relax and stop searching, the very thing we were searching for appears right before us.’

Not sure what that has to do with your situation…just felt like sharing.

Maybe, I think…I’m trying to say, take a deep breath and relax.

Best wishes,

Rob

KaliLilla.com said...

Hey Joni,

Think about how far you've come from the first 14-day mission and even the progress you made before that - it's a huge success!

It's hard to go from mission to mission. Maybe you just need a breather for a couple of weeks? I feellike I'm on a plateau right now too. Spinning my wheels and making miniscule progress. Try and stay positive. Everything always works out in the end.

Love, Lil

Joni said...

Suz - you are right of course. Some days are just harder than others and I'm not sure why. It's not like that much changes day to day and yet sometimes I have trouble even getting out of bed and other times I can smile at everything. So yea, my own understanding is not very reliable :)

Mike G - yeah and I like to comment only when I actually have something intelligent to say and that hasn't been the case lately...I think we all know that everyone is keeping up with everyone else in the backs of our minds.

Rob - your comment really means a lot to me - it helped me through today when I got it actually. Peace is certainly something I have been praying for myself lately. It's amazing that even though you don't know exactly what my problems are, you offered advice that actually fits them rather well. And I really needed to be reminded of that concept because there was a time when I did learn that lesson in another situation, and you are exactly right, the less you struggle against something, the easier things work themselves out. I just forgot somewhere along the way how that works because I am such a control freak. So thanks so much, it was timely and appropriate advice. Come by with more any time :)

Lil - I think you are right about taking a break. I haven't really taken a break since the beginning actually. Some times here and there I got off track but I haven't really given myself permission to let things settle and refocus without beating myself up in probably 200 days. Well longer than that because I was beating myself up about being fat before that so it has been a much longer time come to think of it. And of course right now I worry about not qualifying for SC 2.0 so I can't take a breather yet. I was thinking today that I need a vacation but I don't know how that's going to work. After Memorial Day, I guess, when we figure all that out. Anyway, thanks for the advice - I'll have to plan a break sometime soon I think.