Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 219 - It's coming together

Well I didn't get in a regular workout today but I did have a pretty good Jujitsu class tonight so I'm counting that. I have been on virtually no carbs starting yesterday and plan to continue that until the end of the week just to try to burn off those last few pounds that have been hanging on. Low carb seems to work well for me in the short term so we'll see - hopefully I'll see the results as long as I do enough exercise this week. I know it's kind of like cramming for a test, but I really want to show results this week so that I'll be okay with taking some time off after this mission. I haven't decided if I'll do that or not but it's looking like I will just schedule-wise. On that front, though, I do have some things in the works to both free up my time and make more efficient use of my time so I am excited to see how that works because I feel like I have been running around in circles lately when it comes to my work. Hopefully this new approach will help me out and then I'll be more confident about going on a new mission. I do have my tournament on July 12 so it's not like I can really "take off" but probably switch things up to more of an endurance program rather than fat loss. I'll have to check on how to do that exactly, I have done nothing but try to lose fat all my life so I don't really have any data on endurance. Funny. I still haven't decided what I am going to do about my cumulative chart number but here's today's. I'll have to put up my pics tomorrow morning, I am too tired to edit them right now, but they'll be there!

















DAY 51 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?9a - coffee
1
Meal #2?11a - hamburger & salad
1
Meal #3?2p - cheese
1
Meal #4?5p - chicken & green beans
1
Meal #5?9p - sugar free jello
1
Meal #6?none


1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?rest
1
Cardio or Rest?Jujitsu


1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1







Daily Score:12 of 12








Cumulative:?? of 612








Compliance:??%




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes things just take time...I think a rest after this mission would do you good to not "have" to think about doing this everyday! You don't want to burn out and go backwards with your progress. This process needs to be fun, enjoyable...not dreaded.
Some endurance training sounds good. I would love to see you come out with a victory after your tournament( I am sure you would too!)
If you need a weekly call if only for just to say "hey, how's it going?" I can do that!
You know I will be back tomorrow to see your pics!

Mike Groom said...

Low-carb seems to work best for my body too. I'm only taking carbs (apart from veges) pre and post -workout.

Otter Christy said...

A break might be nice or just posting a daily pic and not worrying about writing much, or an accountability chart, or commenting. Just as a reminder to keep holding steady without the pressure of a result. Sometimes pressure can make things less fun and kind of overwhelming. Sometime more fun. But when you have big life decisions and a tournament to train for, it might be nice just to commit to not committing. Just posting pics just as a reminder to be proud of how far you've come so you won't lose any ground when you have more time again.

Marbella said...

Hi Joni,
I love low carb and feel so good....bet you will too. Lately tho am doing what my body asks me for, which is normally a salad. Wonder why am so fat then? Glad to have you back! You´ll pass us all shortly now.
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni! just wanted to lend some support! :)

Joni said...

Suz - yeah, it is getting to be a little dreaded lately. Today was good, though, so I guess it hinges on my mood, too. The tournament is fun and I usually do well but really my focus this year is my students doing well. I want our dojo to rock that place! You can call me anytime, it's great to hear from you!

MG - I told myself I would be allowed 30g/day as on MS, but really I don't think I've approached even that. I don't have any starchy carbs at all, I have veggies and I have some Atkins bars I use for sweet cravings, which have a few carbs in them. So hopefully I will thin out for this last week some. I just need to push past this weight I have been for so many weeks, so I thought this was the way to do it. I'm at my lowest now, 4 more days to drop below it!

Christy - I hate to get away from the discipline of daily posting and picture taking because it really does keep me from going to far off track, but it is one more commitment that would be nice to have a break from maybe. I don't want to lose my spot on the council if I make it, so it will depend what the ongoing requirements are for that, too.

Lynda - you're lucky, my body asks for cheese curls! :) I can only sustain low carb for so long before my energy starts to suffer and I can't deal with the cravings. I can live with average carb for a long time, I'm not a real bread eater anyway, but near-zero like I am doing now is tough for longer than a week or so for me. Like how the weight drops, though, so I can't complain. At least I know what to do to make my body respond...

Shari - hi! thanks, I have been so remiss in checking in on everyone but it looks like we all have been pretty busy. Hope you are doing well - I'll be around to look you up soon!