Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 220 - Momentum building but tough news

If you look at my log, I know my meals look weird today but I do take advantage of being on low carb and have some higher fat things sometimes. I never see adverse effects from it, so if I can't have other things I am craving with carbs, I at least let myself have some interesting proteins. Today I took Jedi to the big park about 15 min away from my house and we jogged/walked our way around the path there. It is 2.5 mi long and I would jog for .2 mi, the walk for .1, and so on pretty much all the way around. It took about 30 min. I know that's not that impressive but if you know me, you know that I am in no way a runner so jogging is about all I do and I was working hard enough to work up a sweat and give myself a blister so I think that was good for me. I wanted to do some outdoor cardio to start working on my endurance. I don't have machines at my house and jogging in place just doesn't cut it. So we'll see how often I put that in my routine, but Jedi loved it. He's a runnin' pup, that's for sure. Of course, he pretty much slept the rest of the day so I guess I tired him out. :) And my abs were actually a little sore today from Jujitsu last night, which is rare because it takes a lot to work my abs these days. So I was excited about that, need to do that new exercise more. On the "what am I doing with my life" front, things are generally starting to look up. I'll tell all of you about it some day when I figure it out myself. A lot still to work out on that.
The big thing today is that we got some bad news about Jeff's grandmother - she's been in the hospital upstate (NY) since October and just keeps having complication after complication, and she decided yesterday that she didn't want any more treatment and wants to be "DNR", meaning if something else happens to not bring her back this time. She's on a ventilator so it's only a matter of time before she begins to really deteriorate and we lose her. Probably a few weeks, or a month. So that's tough, I don't really know how to feel about that because right now, nothing has changed, you know, it's just the idea that she will probably not make it out of the hospital. She has given up, she's tired of fighting. So I'll pray for a miracle. I'll ask those of you who believe in them to do so as well if you would. I appreciate it. Talk to you tomorrow.

















DAY 52 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?6a - protein shake
1
Meal #2?11a - eggs & bacon
1
Meal #3?2p - chicken on salad
1
Meal #4?5p - hot dogs
1
Meal #5?7p - nuts
1
Meal #6?9p - Atkins bar




1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
1
Weights or Rest?rest
1
Cardio or Rest?jog/walk 2.5 mi


1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1









Daily Score:12 of 12










Cumulative:?? of 624










Compliance:??%




4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Sorry to hear the news about Jeff's grandmother. :(

KaliLilla.com said...

Hi Joni,
So sorry to hear about Jeff's grandma. Wishing her much strength and healing. Love, Lil

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni, am sorry to hear of Jeff's grandma not doing well. praying for you two and his family.

Rob said...

Hi Joni,

That is tough news.

Hope everything works out for the best.