Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 207 - A BIG THANK YOU

WOW I TOTALLY LOVE THE SHREDDERS. My post yesterday was kind of a pity party and I'm sorry for being so down, but it was what I have been feeling lately and I just didn't want to gloss over it any more. I like to be truthful in my posts and if I'm having a hard time I like people to know that you can be human and still do this journey. Anyway, several fellow shredders came to my rescue with loving words, advice, and inspiration, and I appreciate everything you guys did. I still have a long way to go to get out of this, but it really put me in a much better frame of mind than I was in and it made me feel like what is going on with me is important to you and that my success in this mission is as well. That means a lot considering that most of us only know each other through the web. It's amazing how much you can connect with people who are going through the same kinds of issues and also get to know them when they are truthful and revealing in their posts. I appreciate the honesty and candor I see across the blogs in this group because I think that is one of the key reasons we are sticking this out together. Shredder Council or not, new or longtime blogger, the people who I feel the closest to are the ones who are open and honest about not just their physique transformations, but about their lives in general and what gets them through each day. And who are willing to share with others what helps them, what they have gone through, and are doing whatever they can to support each other. It's so very cool. So this goes out to all the bloggers who check in and offer advice to me every day, but especially Suzette, Mike G, Rob, and Lilla, who were there for me yesterday when I needed a new outlook the most. If you are a lurker out there and have not had a chance to see these people in action, check out their blogs and start a conversation. They will not disappoint you!
Shredder Council 2.0 Bloggers:
Kali Lilla: My Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
Mike's Blog: Aussie Bodybuilder
Suzette's Blog: Quest For Success
Future Shredder Council member: (I know you can do it, just stick to daily accountability and the day will come when you will be there with us! Plus you live close so next ECSS you are there!)
Rob’s from the inside-out transformation
As far as today goes, it started out as a continuation of yesterday but after reading the blog comments and having kind of a come-apart trying to get all this pressure to release in my life and get some peace, I think I got some. Like Rob said in his comment, I just needed to let it go some. So I think I am back on the way up. The rest of the day was better for sure and although the problems have not changed, as long as I keep my outlook as good as possible, I think I will continue to make progress. And that's all I'm asking for right now, is a little progress. Not just in my body, but mainly in my mind. I am tired of being in the wilderness and going around the same mountain over and over again. I am ready for the promised land. I'll let you know when the river is in sight :)

















DAY 39 OF 56NOTES:POINTS:
Meal #1?8a - pb & banana sandwich
1
Meal #2?12p - wrap
1
Meal #3?3p - grapefruit
1
Meal #4?6p - wheat pasta
1
Meal #5?9p - low fat ice cream
1
Meal #6?none
1
Water?96 oz - 16 oz/meal
0
Weights or Rest?TT 2K6 workout B
1
Cardio or Rest?rest


1
Sleep?7-8 hrs1
Accountability?pics, blog, chart
1
Visualization?1 hr AVP
1




Daily Score:11 of 12




Cumulative:412 of 468




Compliance:88%




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know if it wasn't for being a part of this shreddersphere I wouldn't still be going at this thing. there have been so many times where I felt like I just couldn't do it anymore...life's stresses just seem to be so overpowering sometimes. But we press on towards the goal He has set before us. I have to remind myself that we are not here on this earth for us, but for His Glory!

Bec said...

Hi Joni, just droppin by to say gidday. About that pity party thing, well we are only human and we all have bad days. Keep smiling and keep training hard to keep looking so fantastic.
Bec

Mike Groom said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better about it all now!

Otter Christy said...

Hey there Joni. Sorry I missed your last few days. It's sounds like you're on the comeback already. I have a tendency to get a kind of down and overwhelmed from time to time. You're right it helps to relieve the pressure by writing about it, and the support here really is incredible. I personally never think there's anything wrong about being sad. I think it's my way of telling myself I need some kind of change.

Christina said...

Hi Joni, No one is an island...there is a certain amount of courage in writing about the truth of things in our lives. "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
Truly wish you speed thru the trouble felt.

Rob said...

Joni,

Wow.

Thank you so much for those kind remarks.

You know it wasn’t that long ago that I was having a real struggle and a certain shredder ( I want mention any names) but it starts with a J and rhymes with Sony, was there to encourage me. I was looking back over your photos and you have come so far and have done such a great job. It’s only going to get better!

Marbella said...

Hey Joni,
Just now read your blog and hope all is much better now. You know that I live WAY over here in Europe, never ever see anyone in my family, never go home, but found out the way to be happy regardless....you just DECIDE to be happy. Make up your mind. You are so cute, so dynamic, and now so skinny, that can see only the brightest of futures for you. Think positive. You´ll be surprised how soon you´ll be on the right side of everything! Joni, you´ve really got it all!
Lynda

Michael said...

Joni, you're an awesome person and you have a great attitude. I know you will succeed.

Anonymous said...

well, i've had a dosie of a day. hope yours was better! looking to hear a good report from you!
SOS!