Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 135 - Recap

The update from yesterday isn't much - I had a horrible workout and don't know what was wrong with me. I tanked on my pushups, I had to drop weight on all the upper body exercises, and I was just totally weak. I have no idea. It wasn't a food thing, that was for sure, I just had no strength. Very disappointing - hopefully Wednesday's weight training will be better because if not I am going to be really worried. Only thing I can think of is that I worked out so hard on Monday, although it was lower body, I just didn't have enough left for the upper?? Lame reason, I just have never had that happen like that. Hope it isn't a trend.
For today, though, I did my cardio workout as planned and so was glad that I finally got it in like I was supposed to. Nutrition was also good - made some great chicken chili for lunch and low fat lasagna for dinner and was under calories for the day and feeling good. Rest of the day was busy so I still didn't get to posting the pics - working on that tomorrow since I don't have anything planned so far. Stay tuned...


1 comment:

Michael said...

3 rules to determine if you are overtraining:

1) You should be able to increase the weight by 5% every week. If that just isn't possible, you might need more rest, but move on to Rule 2.

2) If you can't add 5% then you MUST be able to do at least 1 more rep than your previous workout. If not, stop the workout and come back to it another day.

3) You feel fatigued and have nothing left right from the start of the workout.

Whenever any of those 3 things is true you need to think about overtraining as an issue. There's no shame in needing an extra rest day :-) Looking hot as usual :-) Mastermind group class is starting next week so I will keep you updated.