Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 123 - I'm Back Baby!

Well, I'm kind of back, but I have got to get some progress, I am falling behind! First good news (and a sign that I need to get focused) is that I have been able to take pictures again! Just when I had given up hope of finding my memory card, who finds it but star of stage, screen, and all my videos, Jedi! He was digging in the back of the couch and when I yelled at him to stop, he ran off with something small and blue in his mouth. When I retrieved it from him (all it takes is a cookie, he's easy, and he doesn't chew, just steals things he knows aren't his and runs off) it was my trusty memory card! So it had my pics from days ago the last time I saw it and then I took pics today so yay! I don't think I'll bother to go back and add pics to my past posts just yet but at least I have them for progression videos and such.
Second thing was bad news, but still a sign that I need to get focused, and that was my pushup count today. I could only get in 37 when my PB is 41. Not good. I have to get back on top of that, it's one of my real motivators, so that's going to be a priority these next 5 weeks.
So what's been on my mind is how to really ramp things up and reach my goals that I have set for ECSS. I also want to explain ECSS to those of you who may not know what it is about if you are not following all the other blogs associated with mine. I don't have a lot of time to got through both of those things right now, but suffice it to say that I am thinking of going back on Metabolic Surge for one more round because if I start soon, I will be just through my 36 days by ECSS. I have been back and forth about it, but I feel that if I want a big change I need make some big changes, and BFFM has been mainly about maintenance for me so far. Not that I do not like it - I think it is ideal for the long haul, but for the short term results that I am looking for, I think that MS is the thing, then I can stick to that size with BFFM as a lifestyle. MS is in no way a lifestyle. And not that I have been compliant enough with BFFM to really see a big difference, but I think that I will be happier in the short term with MS for just these last weeks before the big day. Any thoughts on this? It is a difficult program to do, but I did get good results on it before, and if I am very high on compliance with it, even higher than in Mission 1, I think that I can still reach my goals I have set for myself. That would be ideal. So I'm still in the planning stage of this whole decision, will be for sure on it some time this weekend because I have to start by Monday to get all the time in, sooner if possible, so I'll be back with more info soon. Stay tuned! For now, here's my pics (finally!). I think that I may even have made some improvement since day 100, surprising to me since I haven't had much change in the numbers, but I think I can see some progress so I am for sure happy about that. More tomorrow - talk to you all soon!


5 comments:

Bec said...

Welcome back, look foward to seeing more of you.
Bec

Anonymous said...

joni, i say do the ms program. i think i will be restarting it too. i have yet to get through the whole 36 days yet! this should be good motivation to finish out the next 36 days.

Adam Waters said...

Go Massive Joni! You can do it on MS of BFFM, MS is a great weight training plan I feel, and when u combine that with double cardio that Tom talks about, with tight nutrition u will get results.
Shred hard!
Adam

dougal said...

Definately changes Joni, you look smaller and a lot "tighter". BTW none of us is perfect...Well apart from Adam who is Superhuman. LOL, so as long as you keep moving forward you are prgressing. Keep going and you will always be a winner.

Debbie said...

Joni, I've also been thinking of the MS program and whether or not to give it another try. The workouts are very structured, which I like. I HATED the all protein & all fruit days. Enough so that it's holding me back from going full throttle on MS.

Debbie