Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 127 - Morning Stat Update

Here are my latest measurements - the loss and gain numbers are actually over 2 weeks since I was injured last week and did not do them. These will be my base numbers for the start of this 36-day sprint to ECSS.

Weight: 152 lbs (GAIN of 1# this week, loss of 0# in M3, 14# overall)
Omron bf: 25.4% (GAIN of 0.7% this week, GAIN 0.3% in M3)
MS bf: 18.4% (loss of 0.4% in M3, 4.7% overall)

Bicep: 11.5" (loss of 0" this week, GAIN of .5" in M3, LOSS of 1" overall)
Chest: 35" (loss of 0" this week, 0" in M3, 1.5" overall)
Waist: 28.25" (loss of 0" this week, 0" in M3, 2.75" overall)
Stomach: 31.5" (GAIN of .5" this week, GAIN of .5" in M3, loss of 3" overall)
Hips: 37.5" (loss of 0" this week, .25" in M3, 3.5" overall)
Butt: 41" (loss of 0" this week, 0" in M3, 2.5" overall)
Thigh: 25" (loss of 0" this week, 0" in M2, 3" overall)
Total inches: GAIN of .5" this week, GAIN of .75" in M3, LOSS of 17.25" overall

Okay, some of these numbers are kind of weird. The Omron says that I gained body fat while the MS bf calculator says I lost it. However, the Omron is based on hydration level, and although I try to do it at the same time every time, first thing in the morning before I have had anything to drink, I'm sure that, as a woman, the amount of water in my body is not always normal. And the MS calculator is based on weight and waist measurement, which makes sense that I lost fat because, although my waist measurement stayed the same, I gained a pound, so the calculator is assuming that pound is muscle. Sounds good, but that doesn't account for adding inches on other parts of the body. And since I did add a little bit to the stomach area, that could be off as well. I'm not too worried about it, really, because I am proud that I have maintained well over the last two weeks with minimal training (none at all the last week). So that's the story for now. I'm sure that after this first intense week my numbers will drop all over and I'll be back on the road to my goal weight.
Speaking of my goals, I was looking them over and in order to meet them I have to lose just over 2# and 2", as well as 1.5% bf every week until ECSS. Now I realize that those are pretty high expectations, but I don't want to adjust my goals until I see what I can do these next 5 weeks, and even if I am not all the way there I will sure be happy with making good progress by then. And maybe after my recovery period I'll do one more round of MS to burn off the last little bit, and then I can focus on maintaining or adding more muscle. Not worried about that right now, just trying to go short term and I'll assess the results afterwards.
So that's it for now, be back with another update this evening.
P.S. I finally put my pics in the Day 125 post and here's today's pics:


No comments: