Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 11 - I FEEL GREAT!!

Well Day 1 of MS was great!! I loved the workout and it was so great to get back to lifting weights. I forgot how much I liked it. It was kinda funny, though, because you are supposed to do 40 sec of cardio between each set, right, so since I do all my work at home in my basement all I had for cardio was a jumprope. Well apparently I forgot how to jump rope because I was totally spastic trying to use that thing. Part of the problem honestly was that the ceiling was low but my husband seems to be able to do it all the time fine down there but for some reason I was totally horrible at it. It was comedic if you were watching I'm sure. So I abandoned that idea after about....40 sec and decided to just jog in place while doing my striking practice from Jujitsu. Unfortunately our heavy bag wasn't up or it would have been really good but just doing it in the air was good too and really was good cardio. It was cool because it's not something you could do continuously for 30 or 45 min as regular cardio (at least not me, it would be too hard but also boring) but in 40 sec increments it was PERFECT!! I had a blast. Also funny, though, was that it took me 20 min to set up and 30 min to do the workout. It was the first time so it took a while for me to decide on the amount of weight I was going to use and all so it won't take that long every time but I spent almost as much time setting up as I did working out! Then tonight I taught Jujitsu so I did a little more work since we do abs and pushups hard there too so I got a little extra core and chest/shoulder work that I hadn't planned on. A little sore now, but I'm sure I'll live.
As far as food intake goes today, I think I did pretty well on low carb. Only problem was that I ate out twice today. Don't even know how that really happened because both were unplanned but hopefully I made the best choices I could. I can't really check the carb count but I had eggs for breakfast so I know that was fine, a cobb salad for lunch with grilled chicken so I think that was pretty good, my main concern was the dressing but it was some kind of avocado ranch so it couldn't have been that bad. The main problem was dinner which was chinese food. I got chicken with broccoli but it had a teryaki kind of sauce on it that had a sweeter taste so I'm sure it had some sugar or sugar-like ingredient in it. But with having hardly any all day, I'm sure that that little bid of sauce didn't have over 30 carbs since that's the daily goal. And really the plan says we can have as many as 50 so it definately wasn't that much. I didn't count calories because I wanted to see how I did just with carbs and I think it was pretty good. I had planned on eating 5 meals and I guess I did - 3 meals and 2 snacks but I really wasn't hungry because I have been eating so little lately anyway. I had my protien shake right after my workout and had my supplements and then over the course of the day drank about 3 liters of water which was good but 4 was my goal so I need to work on that.
Now on to the big news...I was mentioned in Adam's video today!! I feel famous. Ha ha ha. Well, all I had to do was sign up for the group shred but still it was funny to hear him say everybody's name in the video. Cool! We are all going to do so well I am excited that there are 20 people all doing the same 14 days. So it all starts tomorrow - be there! My workout will be the same as today except the weights are different muscles but I'm sure it will be a blast! My pics for today are actually going to be the day 1 pics for the group shred because timing wise I don't trust myself getting them cropped and sent in time which is 9am here for me. So they will follow my first 14 days of MS which is cool. So here are today's pics - day 11 overall but Day 1 of Mission 1:


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni, had to drop by to say hello. I came by the other day but did not leave a comment. but i will be checking in on you(and other RTP Shredders). You have got a good jump start on your program.
I had to add that my husband is from Baltimore so seeing a Marylander on board was kind of exciting.( i am in michigan)

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

Wow that was a great workout, I am sure that the 20 minutes set-up was a great warm-up and actually burned quite a few calories as well!!

From the meal point of view you look like you have done really well too. I did struggle with 6 meals per day and you are correct that snacks do count as a meal as long as they are balanced i.e. they contain protein, carbs and a little bit of fat. I personally have breakfast first thing, then fruit or toast and say cottage cheese mid morning, lunch and then a mid afternoon snack, anything I can find with some protein in and an apple and then tea!!

So good luck over the next 14 days.

Take care,

Andrew

Joni said...

Hi Suzette! Thanks for the encouragment - it's fun to actually have someone checking out this blog. And a little scary...
It looks like you are quite the cheerleader out there in blog-land because I see your name everywhere! This is all about the support so I am so happy to have you helping me out, too. I live in northeastern MD, about 1 hr from B-more, but I go there for events and things. Actually I am going there today for a Joel Osteen seminar. Anyway, it's nice just to see someone from the US sometimes because the RTP-ers seem to be from everywhere! Talk to you soon!
-JP

Joni said...

Hey Andrew, glad to know I'm not doing things all wrong! Sometimes it seems like so much to keep track of, but with it forefront in your mind you are MUCH more aware I think. Some people think the more you concentrate on food, the worse cravings are, and I guess that's true for some people, but for me the more careful I am about my choices the better off I am! Looking forward to seeing you these next 14 days!
-JP

Sammy said...

Hi joni! Thanks for dropping by my blog and for giving me those great suggestions. I will definitely remember to remind myself that no one is perfect and to get over it and not go on an all out binge (my mentality now is since I screwed one meal, the whole day is screwed and I can start again tomorrow)

Anyway, shred hard and I had fun reading your blog. :)

, Sam

Adam Waters said...

Hi Joni, your cardio on MS Day 1 for FLCT is exactly what I do. Skipping is great cardio and also for calves.

Shred Hard!

Adam

Otter Christy said...

Hi Joni! Congratulations on Day One. Way to go opting for the Public Shred. You know what's hilarious is that in the photo that shows up on Adam's blog, I kept looking at it and thinking, "Her makeup looks really pretty." And I look at your about me, and it says your a professional Mary Kay consultant. Of course!

Otter Christy said...

I'm referring to the comment photo up. Like the ones above.

Debbie said...

Hi Joni,

Stopping by to say hello and to let you know that by going public with your 14 day shred, I have a feeling you are going to have fantastic results!

Debbie

Joni said...

Hey all! Thanks for the comments. I am really enjoying the workouts so far with MS but I have a long way to go!
-JP