Sunday, October 21, 2007

I didn't disappear...

I did take a day off, however, and that's why I didn't post yesterday. Today I kind of wimped out on my cardio as well, I only did a 30 min brisk walk but at least I did something and I have still been sticking to my eating plan all weekend which was a hurdle for me. Actually I found out that it was only a hurdle in my mind because in reality it was no different than the rest of the week, I just had to decide ahead of time that I wasn't going to compromise and then it wasn't that hard. I had a shake for breakfast both days, a bar for lunch yesterday and for dinner today, and I had grilled chicken with crab and green beans for dinner yesterday and my leftover pasta primavera for lunch today so only one meal and they were both pretty good. I really haven't been that hungry, either, except at night when I used to really do a lot of snacking so that has been a little hard but if I am really craving something sweet I have a glass of green tea or a diet soda or else just some glasses of water and that works for me.
I did decide what I was doing for the metabolic surge program and have been preparing for it most of the afternoon with study and printing out things, and I'm not starting until the 25th so that I am not hitting any of my upcoming events on bad days within the plan, such as the only carb day. That would be tough. So I worked it out and it will be good that I start then and after the first 46 days (ending the day after my birthday, so it still pretty much coincides with my original goals) I will do another round, possibly of the regular program because I am doing the Level 1 program now which is a step down from the other. I didn't want to set myself up for failure by working too hard too early since I am still somewhat out of shape. So until Thursday I will continue what I have been doing food-wise but I don't think I will do any cardio because it says to rest 4 days before starting the program. And that's also partially why I didn't work out today too because I was anticipating starting this sometime soon, it just happened to work out well as far as the day count goes. So that's the plan...tomorrow is the official weigh in and measure so I am excited to see how that goes and I will have my comparison photos up for the first week then. Until then, here are my (uncropped) pics for yesterday (I didn't take any today).

No comments: