Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 14 - I disappeared! (but not really)

Wow I can't believe it has been two weeks already. For once in my life this weight loss plan has seemed to fly by! It is day 14 of my total journey but day 3 of the group shred and I am obviously absent from the front page of Adam's blog. I would like to apologize to all my fans for this ;) I am still with us, though, I just didn't get my pic in time before Adam had to go to sleep and I totally understand. I will be back in full color showing my face tomorrow!
Today was still a low carb day and I did well. I haven't even been counting carbs or calories but I feel like I am fine because I hardly have any carbs and I don't even eat that much so I must be under on calories. Maybe that's not a good policy but until my results don't reflect it, it's working for me and it's much less pressure than counting everything. That is what MS talks about as well so I think I am fine. I even went out to breakfast with my family today and when they were all ordering lots of good breakfast carbs I had an egg white omlette with crab and asparagus with a side of squash. It was great! I had a salad for lunch but I did have the toppings off a slice of pizza later on when everyone was over for football. But I didn't have the crust so although that's not the best nutritionally at least I still stayed low carb and that's the most important thing to me now.
I am on day 4 of MS (so many day numbers to keep track of!) so tomorrow is my last day of low carb and then I go into the single nutrient days. That will be interesting. For my workout I did lactic acid training which was CRAZY but really good. I could hardly lift my arms all day! I'll be feeling that later I am sure. The only thing about it was that I was not happy with the back exercise that I did because my arms fatigued before my back did so I need to do something different next time I do that set of body parts. The HITT for today was interesting as well, only 5 minutes long because it was the first time at sub-maximal level. Very cool way to do cardio and it is so much faster than sweating it out for 45 minutes of tae bo!! Tomorrow is the same except different body parts for the weights so I should be good and sore by Tuesday just in time for Jujitsu :)
One thing I am thinking about that is coming up is a business trip on Thurs - Sat so I am not yet sure how I will be getting in my workout when I am there but I will figure it out because skipping is not an option. I'll just have to get creative! Eating clean will also be harder there because they have really extravagant meals there always with dessert but I have so much momentum now I don't think they will be as much of a temptation as it normally would be. Those days will be low fat days so I will have to make some careful choices because fat hides in restaurant prepared meals a lot more than carbs I think. Well, I'll see to that when I get there. For now, I am taking it one day at a time and it's going well.
Tomorrow is weigh and measure day so I hope I have made more progress!! I certainly feel good about it so I really think it should be impressive. Well, to me at least.

Last but NEVER least, I want to send a shout out to all my fellow group shredders who have been sending me comments and mentioning things in their blogs, etc. It is so great to have this group together encouraging each other when I am so new to this! You all have been really great and it's only the beginning. Really I am thinking that even after the 14 days, it will still just be the start of something really strong between all of us. Wouldn't it be cool for us to all keep going and then we could have these great success stories to share with the world! Thanks all and keep up the great work so far!!!

Here's today's pics even though they didn't make it to the group shred (sorry Adam!)


4 comments:

Otter Christy said...

I knew you were still with us. I, too, think it would be cool to keep it up with everybody after the 14 days. I think everybody's (well I'm a little worried about Katie, but she could still make it), is gonna go the distance and then some.

Oh, and did you say back exercises? I don't the back exercise you were doing, so completely disregard this comment if it's irrelevant, but back pain and back exercises is sort of my thing. :) Most common reason to feel it in arms not back for me was not tucking my butt and hips under. In a mirror the back will be completely straight with no curving in above the butt. This form also applies to exercises were you are prone or on an incline or even bent over or seated one rows. All the rows really. It really helps to look in a mirror while you're standing first to feel it. Just in case it'll help. Boring back lecture over.

Shred hard. Glad to know your smiling face will be back on the big blog tomorrow. :)

Joni said...

Christy,
Thanks for the ideas on the back exercises. I will have to try that next time around although I don't have a mirror I will pay closer attention to how straight my back is. I think I will do it bent over next time too instead of cable rows. It is easy to tell if you are working hard enough on the lactic acid part of this training so I'll know quickly!
-JP

Michael said...

Nice job, Joni! You are looking good...keep it up...we are all developing a great habit here...good luck with the low carb cycle...it is a bear!

Until tomorrow...

Mike

Anonymous said...

the weight loss plan is flying by because you have not made it a chore! enjoy it and it will go by so quickly, just as you have said. i didn't think you had went anywhere..too much at stake here. can't to hear the weigh in details.. i am sure you will be pleased with your progress! in regards to the travel...if you don't have access to weights, there are lots of bodyweight exercises you can do. that is how i lost half of my weight. i believe this 14 days is only the beginning of some beautiful friendships. keep working hard! you are doing great!