Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day 12/13 - Busy busy busy!

Shooooo! Yesterday was a blur so I didn't get to post anything but I was still shredding! To start at the beginning, it was Day 2 of the RTP group shred and I did fat loss circuit training for my workout in the morning. I had MUCH LESS energy than I did on Day 1 plus I was sore, too, but I still did the workout as I was supposed to. I am still working out a few kinks with how much weight I should use, sometimes I guess too much and sometimes too little, but I'm getting there. I again did running in place with my striking practice for the 40 sec intervals but it was definitely tougher. But I finished the workout in 30 min and was on my way so that was good. Then I was in Baltimore all day. I went to see Joel Osteen. It was excellent - the title of his message was "Don't let negative thoughts steal your dreams". It couldn't have been a better time to hear that!! Plus it was raining all day so travel was worse than usual so it made for a long afternoon. When we finally got home, I had to go right to my sister's house to pick up the nephews for a Halloween party I was taking them to. I took them home so we could all put on our costumes and then went on to the party. That was 2 hrs long and then (still raining) I took them home and met my friends at another Halloween party. We were there for a few hours (got in some line dancing so I had a little extra cardio there!) and then some of them came back to our house to party for a while and ended up being there until about 3am. Thus, no time to blog and I didn't get up unil 11 am today but it is my rest day so that worked out. Good news is, I still ate clean all day and although I was at 2 Halloween parties, I didn't have any chocolate or candy at all! Plus between the party and the after-party at my house, I also did not have any alcohol at all. I was just not interested in that temporary...whatever feeling that you get with alcohol...that would ruin my shred and make me feel guilty. I have done so well these last 12 days it would have really just blown it all out even if I cheated a little. I am not allowing myself any unscheduled cheats. So I just laughed and hung out with everyone who was drinking and had fun anyway. Not that I have ever been that big of a drinker but lately it has just not held any desire for me, especially with making you feel worse the next morning, too. Totally not worth it. So, that's what went on yesterday, it's cool how this plan fits so well into my daily life already.
Today so far has been easy since it is a rest day but I am still on low carb because that goes on for 5 days and it is only day 3. I need to do some better shopping for more convenience foods that are low carb because on the weekend I don't want to have to cook everything usually. I have gotten by for now but I am running out of things to eat that are quicker. Or at least I need to plan better and cook some things ahead of time. I'll figure it out. So I'll leave you with my day 12 pics (day 2 of GS) in which I still see no difference, but at least the scale is different. I'll be back tomorrow with Lactic Acid Training. It's an adventure....


9 comments:

Otter Christy said...

Way to go on getting through TWO parties! Keep up the awesome work.

Anonymous said...

wow! how great a topic from joel osteen conference! the power of our thoughts! so amazing. way to go on the control of the diet. little victories add up to big victories! keep going strong!

Miriam said...

Hello Joni,

It is nice to see that everyday you get closer to your goal. I really get your message in this blog that positive thinking can keep us in line away from bad foods and bad habits.

Andrew said...

Hey Joni,

What an awesome day you have had, keep up the great work. So the scales are telling you are heading in the right direction.

Keep taking your pics but don't look back until day 7 and then look at the difference between 1 and 7 and I bet you are surprised!!!

Take care,

Andrew

Debbie said...

Joni, awesome job in not having any candy or alcohol!! You are doing great!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Noticable change Joni, I can see the outline of your abs...excellento...take a bow and keep moving!

Joni said...

Hey everybody,
Thanks so much for all the encouragement - sorry my pic wasn't on Adam's blog today but I'm still in and I won't be late again! You are all such a great help to keep me motivated and knowing that I'm not alone!
-JP

Unknown said...

Quote:...whatever feeling that you get with alcohol...that would ruin my shred and make me feel guilty. I have done so well these last 12 days .../Quote
You are right! That`s why I blown it all on my past attempt! Just a little drink!
Now? 47 days, ZERO alcohol, lost 16 pds and 4" on my waist!
Way to go Joni! Very soon You should be "Showing in Plain Site", not Hiding!

Joni said...

Thanks Massimiliano! I was really proud of standing up for myself and choosing not to drink. It is so not worth it, as you are showing in your great progress as well! See you soon!
-JP