Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ugh!

Okay well I had a pretty good day but for some reason since about 7pm I have felt like crap. My stomach is killing me and I don't know why. I had Kashi waffles for breakfast, a bar for lunch, and then chicken with cheese and salsa for dinner. Nothing unusual but right when I got to Jujitsu I just felt horrible. I didn't do any kind of a workout there because of it and I still don't feel well. Maybe I got some bad chicken or something but this sucks! Anyway, enough whining....I am looking forward to beginning MS on Thur and the Group Shred going on at Adam Waters' page starting Friday. The next few weeks are going to be interesting...and exciting!! I was thinking about eating normally tomorrow to kick off my low carb days starting Thur but with the way I am feeling now I don't know what I am going to feel like eating tomorrow. A shake might be the best thing for me. We'll see. So here's today's pics (just front and back, didn't feel like cropping the others) and I'll catch up with more tomorrow and probably start setting goals for the "other side" of my life here for accountability as well. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I started MS on 5th october for the first time, I wish you good luck. I'm also doing level 1 after spending the month of september following the training preparation of the ebook. I plan on doing the normal program as soon as the 46 first days have passed.
I'll be following your blog.

Cheers,
James

Joni said...

Hello James!
You are the first official visitor to my blog - thanks for commenting! I am really looking forward to starting MS tomorrow and seeing the results from it quickly because although I have lost some weight I don't really see a difference yet and in Adam's blog even the 10 day pics were very different. Hopefully after 10 days of MS mine will be too!
See you,
Joni

Unknown said...

Did you buy recommended supplements?
I bought before starting:
vitamins, fish oil, protein powder, protein drinks, creatine and glutamine (both in powder format)

vitamins and fish oils are not really necessary for the program it's just good to have them in any case, so in the program even more.
The protein powder should be taken in the morning and last thing in the evening, and also right after workout (I use the protein drinks which have a bit of carbs in order for the protein to be taken directly in the muscles) and finally one hour after workout.
The glutamine also should be taken every day (5g) and is used in the program on phase 3 for 2 days of loading (25g per day)
And finally the creatine is used only on phase3 of the program for 3 days (20g)

That's it. What I do most is of course the protein shakes with a plastic shaker it's quick and easy, and the taste is good you can choose your flavor.
The glutamine is not good, but that's life.
The creatine has no taste but feels like sand.
You just swallow those things, don't drink it for the taste, not even the protein shake, it's swallowed just for nutrition.

For all 3 things I use water to mix them, no milk since it contains fat and as I said, it's not about tasting the drinks, it's about getting them in your body.

I hope this helps, but reading the MS ebook in the nutrition helps more! At first it was a bit overwhelming and I had to think it in order to know what to take and when. I use the first 12 days to settle down.

Cheers,
James

Joni said...

Hey James-
Actually I bought my supplements today! I got a capsule multi because the ones we had were tablet and as I read in MS not desirable, so I got new ones. Then I also got a flax oil capsule but not going to go all out on the glutamine and creatine just yet. I do have whey protien powder back from when I was doing well earlier in the year so I am going to finish that up, using it after my workout only at first and working up from there depending on how well I am getting proteien in my food. The powder I have is very low carb which was just luck becauase at the time I bought it I wasn't worried about that but now with the first 5 days being low carb I am glad for it. I will just be mixing it with water as well but probably with milk on the low fat days just for a change of pace. Thanks for the info and talk to you soon!
-JP