Thursday, October 18, 2007

Progress??

So I broke down and weighed myself today because I just needed a little confirmation to see if I was getting anywhere and it said 163 so that puts me down 3 lbs since Monday. Yeah! I know that I can't be too excited about it since I do have water weight to go down and all that but it still makes me feel better. Plus I think my stomach has flattened out a little. I can't be sure because my Day 1 pics are locked on my other computer but I'll get them later today and check it out but today's pics look a little better. Tiny tiny bit but at least that's something. I walked with Jedi for 20 min this morning and then did a 40 min lower body tae bo workout so I felt like I was actually doing something in my workout today unlike yesterday. However, my shoulders are a little sore today so I did do something yesterday, I just didn't feel much of it at the time I guess. I still was kind of low on energy today, though, but I didn't want to eat before my workout because that isn't usually good for me, and I got through it. I also have Jujitsu tonight but I'm not teaching again so it won't be much of a workout for me. Instead of a shake for breakfast today I had Special K with protien, milk, and strawberries just to change it up. I'll have my shake for lunch. The bar I had for lunch yesterday was surprisingly good, almost too much so because it felt like I was eating a candy bar for lunch. Kind of weird and very sweet but I certainly didn't have the regular sweet craving I usually have after lunch so I guess that's one plus to it. Anyway, here's my Day 4 pics and I'll be back tonight with the update and hopefully will have my earlier pics I can compare with. The next challenge coming up also is the weekend - always difficult to stick with things for me when I'm not alone. Workouts fall by the wayside and food is everywhere so I'll have to have some serious concentration on my goals to keep myself motivated and eating right. People don't help either - they think they are doing you a favor by asking you to eat something, like they are making it okay to cheat or something. I don't really know how to explain it, but usually people in the family are more of a hinderance than a help. Plus side, my best friend Christi may be coming up this w/e for a visit and she's really supportive so I may even show her this blog. Scary!! :) But she's always helpful and she'd be the only one I know in real life who I would let see all this. Not until I make some better progress. But I am ready to push through obstacles so preparation ahead of time should help me get through the w/e successfully. I guess you'll know if you don't see me post. But don't worry, I will :)


No comments: