Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wrap up of Day 2

Well I don't feel like I am really making progress. Food-wise I am definately more aware but I want to move faster than this. I am very impatient, I know but I have so many goals. I never did do a real workout today and Jujitsu was practically nothing taxing for me so I have to really get on it tomorrow and I guess break down and decide on a plan because this by the seat of my pants thing is not going to get me where I want to be. Two things I have learned so far though, or at least remembered I guess because I used to be pretty good at this: 1) I am not as hungry if I eat less, i.e. my stomach is shrinking, I fill up faster if I don't constantly stuff myself. It's a great feeling. 2) I always leave something on my plate and stop when I am full. This is an extension of #1 I know but I have a really bad habit of "cleaning my plate" ingrained from when I was a child and I feel really guilty about throwing food away or leaving some left but I am making myself do it so I will become immune to that guilt. Eating it obviously doesn't help anybody either and makes me fat so I am getting over it. So progress is being made on some fronts and mostly on the mental side which for me is the hardest and most important to overcome so in my book that is good. Hopefully I'll hear from Adam soon and decide what I am doing on the "metabolic surge" thing so I can plan that out, possibly also I will just go with the spirit of the MS plan and make my own menu. Hopefully that would be okay and I guess I would find out quickly enough. If I am sticking to the right nutrient groups and calories I don't see why not but I am no expert so I don't want to just assume it would be okay. So bottom line is, I'm sticking to low cal for now until I get an answer on that and make a decision where to go from there. Gotta go, dog's whining about something - see all you fans of my work (that is, the 0 number of people who are reading this) tomorrow :)
-JP

No comments: