Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 80 - AAAAHHHHH

Okay so it's the New Year - great excuse to get myself back into the swing of my daily accountability. It's only been 10 days since my last post, but it feels like forever! My routine is so messed up now, I can't believe it. I have been doing okay in my program for the last few weeks, basically maintaining, but not going to go into it, just picking back up from here.
Can't believe I only have 20 days left until the end of Mission 2 (100 days). From what it looks like now, my goals will be way off, but I am still glad to be where I am now, and I am so much further along than if I had waited until the new year to start, right? So I'll make the best of these next 20 days and then move on to the big mission 4 where I get ready to meet Adam, Tom, and the East Coast Shredders! Yikes!
So I am picking up on round 2 of MS - did my first workout for that today and it was great. I also decided to do the push up challenge after I saw what was going on with the shreddersphere but I had already done my chest workout for the day so my results are probably less than what I can really do, but I did 20. We do all kinds of pushups for Jujitsu and I have to be the one pushing everybody else to do more so I am usually setting the example. After what we do in class, regular flat-handed pushups are much easier. But I can still only do so many right in a row so I am going for the challenge. I'll just have to work it in with my regular workouts.
I have also decided to make a change in my nutrition, mainly because my husband has decided to start losing weight (YAY!). So we are both doing the BFFM plan at a 20% caloric reduction for 3 days and maintenance level calories for 1 day, with one reward meal per week. I kind of am a little unhappy about counting calories again but once I get the basics menus down it shouldn't be that bad. Plus it will better prepare me for eating "regularly" since the low carb/low fat alternation is only for weight loss and not for life. I'm excited to be trying something new, although I have done it before. Hopefully I will get the same (or better) results as I was with the MS nutrition or else I will be going back to it. We'll see. I haven't done my measurements in a week but I'm just going to wait for my regular Monday checkup and see what my progress has been since I stopped posting.
As far as workouts go, I am continuing the MS workouts because I really like them, and Jeff has his own workouts that he wants to do so I'm not messing with him on that one. If he's not seeing the results he wants, I'll have some things to suggest but for now anything is better than nothing as far as I'm concerned and he has done this before too so it's not like he'll be hurting himself. My only concern is that he's a cardio-hater like I am so I don't know that he'll be getting enough calorie burning going on but he's going to give it a shot and see what he comes up with.
So, anyway, it's good to be back. I have missed checking up on everyone and did a little of that earlier, but I still have so much to read! Hope everyone is well, glad to see some new shredders with us, and Happy New Year to all! See you tomorrow!
Here are today's pictures:


8 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Joni,

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for your comment...I realize it is a lot of info, but ISWEARTOU it's worth the read. btw, older blogs have stuff in them as well; you can check them out whenever!

We're kinda neighbors - i'm in MD too - so YeY! =D

Stay positive, stay psyched! Come March WE will set the hotchick standard...

ttyl

KaliLilla.com said...

Hi Joni! I've missed your posts. Great to have you back. You still look awesome! In fact, I think you look thinner.

That's wonderful that your hubby will be shredding too. Will he be starting a blog? That would be a awesome.

Welcome to the clothing challenge too. We'll have to wear our items when we meet at ECGSS!

Marbella said...

Hi Joni,
Happy New Year to you too...thanx for coming around to my blog. Am thrilled that you are doing so well and are back in the saddle. Just in time to help us all get a real big push to get this going.
Welcome back!
Lynda

Unknown said...

Hello Joni!
Happy New Year!
You look fantastic even if your routine is messed up from the holidays season!
Thanks for the explanation bout the 3 Fridays!!!
Lets SHRED!

Michael said...

Joni, as usual, you look awesome. Glad you are back with us. I've missed your posts.

Unknown said...

Hey Joni ... Here's to an awesome 2008! I look forward to watching your success :) Fantastic that your husband is joining you ... it is amazing how others around you become inspired. My wife is also really getting into the program and joining me at the gym more frequently to which is great.

How fantastic you are going to meet with Adam and Tom plus the other Shredders ... love to be there as I know you guys will have an amazing time.

Rod

Anonymous said...

Joni, so glad you are back. It is tough around this time of year. I think we all had some bumps here and there. But no excuses now! Let's get this thing rockin'! We've got some work to do! The seconds are ticking away! Have missed your posts, too! Thanks for all the support you give us all!

Jemi9OD said...

Hey Joni!

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting - inspiration coming from fellow Shredders is a very powerful tool!

I'm so glad to see you back, and even more glad that your husband is going to take part in the healthy lifestyle club!

What a great note to start the new year on!

James