Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 87 - Rest & Fruit day

Okay well I have been so busy this week I have not done all the daily accountability I wanted to do so I have that finally all set up today since I am not doing a workout. Well, actually I did do a workout, the pushup challenge, but that didn't take that long and I count that as extra anyway. It was only day 2 for me so I'm going to withhold the results of the count until it's been one week (next Monday). Stay tuned to see if I can do more than my original 27!
So here is a picture of my accountability log (AL) and the description behind what I am doing. Sorry it is small, you'll have to click on it to read it, but I could not figure out another way to get it up here on Blogger from Excel (not much of an html person, any help would be appreciated!). I have 10 major daily actions that I have determined will allow me to achieve my physical, mental, spiritual, financial, career, and household goals. I'm doing everything together here, not just the physical part. The reason I did it the way I did was because I was reading suggestions from Jack Canfield's "Success Principles" and it talks about setting goals in an MTO fashion - minimum, target, and outrageous. It is a new way to look at tracking things so I thought that I would try it out since my past attempts at just setting daily goals and trying for them have not been good. So I'll start giving myself a point total every day and eventually I will be redeeming them for rewards I decide for myself. I haven't gotten that list together yet, but I'll be doing it soon and then I'll put it up here too. I'll also be determining what my highest priority household project will be and the time frame I expect to complete it in, as well as my other ultimate goals, just so they are documented.

Today I am doing all fruit so nutrition will be easy to track. I have decided that that is the one thing I am going to retain from the MS nutrition for now because I really think it helps "reset" my system. So I'll be having an all fruit day every 12th day of BFFM. Besides that, the schedule is Sat-Mon low calorie, Tue maintenance calories (refeed), Wed-Thr low calorie, Fri maintenance calories & reward meal. We'll see how that goes for me and Jeff. I'll be posting more later on, have to catch up on my picture editing and of course will be giving the AL total for the day, but for now I have to get to work! Talk to you all soon!
**************
Okay, so today was kind of a slow start on the AL. It was already partway through the day when I worked it all out so I knew I was going to miss a few anyway, but even later on I was not really prepared to complete everything. So here's what it looks like for today:
1) Sleep: Target (2) I did get up at 6am and I am going to bed right after I'm done with this.
2) AVP: None (0) Not good...still working on my visualizations but I do have my affirmation memorized so I could have done that but didn't.
3) Nutrition: Outrageous (3) Giving myself that because it was all fruit day and I stuck to it all day, though I am ready for some protein come tomorrow morning!
4) Workout: Target (2) It was a planned rest day and I did my pushup challenge but only completed the minimum number.
5) Prospect: None (0) Didn't even try - ran out of day but that's an excuse because I could have gone out after dinner but did not. Must get better at pushing myself to do this because it is the lifeline of my business.
6) IPAs: Target (2) Worked my accounting consulting and made $100 so it was good.
7) Vitamins: Minimum (1) Actually I forgot to take them until seeing this but I am getting them right now! So this helps remind me - yay!
8) Water: Minimum (1) Barely got in 32 oz, I guess with all the fruit I just didn't get thirsty. I have a serious headache right now, though, so it's either from not eating enough or not drinking enough water.
9) Project: None (0) Did start the list of projects I want to work on, though, and chose what I was going to work on, so at least I've got that taken care of. What I'm doing is that I have to finish the DVD I am making of the cruise we went on this summer and make copies for everybody that went. Yeah, that's how much of a procrastinator I am: been 7 months! So that's the highest priority right now and it should take 6-8 hrs to complete.
10) Accountability: Target (2) Got all the past pictures edited, finished up today's post and checked out most of the other blogs earlier today, just didn't do any commenting (sorry!)
So the total for today is 13, barely above minimum, so that's not acceptable for today. Will be able to focus more on it tomorrow with a plan in place, so I'm aiming for a much better showing tomorrow.
Before I sign off, here's the pics, and I also put the last few days of pics in their respective posts. Not sure how much of a difference I am seeing this mission, my stomach is flatter but I don't know of anywhere else I can see. But I'm my own worst critic I know so maybe you guys will see something...


4 comments:

Debbie said...

Joni, great job getting your game plan together in such a detailed fashion. I'm currently listening to Success Principles on audio everytime I get in the car. I'm also reading Jack Canfield's Power of Focus book that is incredible and has truly helped me this past month.

Debbie

KaliLilla.com said...

AWESOME plan, Joni! You are certain to get amazing results.

Otter Christy said...

I come from four generations of sales people. My Dad. Grandpa. Great Grandma. All my uncles, my cousins and my brother was, too. It's tough. I've sold everything from car warranties to private investigation services. You earn your money every day.

Give yourself a point on the prospecting today. You just met a new prospect. Put a link up to your Mary Kay page here on this blog. I rarely wear makeup, and I don't have a lot of extra dough, but I sure as heck gonna buy myself some "reward" makeup from you. Just to seed the dream and support my friend. There's something about prospecting that really took a lot of psyching up for me. Sometimes it's nice to have a warm-up call or book-end with another salesman. When you're on a roll though--whew. You feel like Dale Carnegie and Zig Ziglar are right by the phone with you. If you need short sales scripts, I'm a fan of Stephan Schiffman. His Cold Calling Techniques that Really Work scripts used verbatim work better than almost anything I ever tried. Best of luck!! Put that link up and mention your product of the month or something in your blog. You can count this as your prospecting time. You never know.

Joni said...

Debbie and Lilla, thanks! I hope it's what will spur me on to achieving things I have had on my mind for a long long time.

Christy, WOW! Thanks so much for all your help and insights. I know what you mean about the good and bad about prospecting. I got out of my momentum and man it's hard to get back. I'll get there, though. Nice to know you understand exactly what I'm talking about, though. I'll have to put up the link to my website later, have no idea why I didn't think of doing that before! Talk to you soon!