Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 81 - That's what I get

Soreness....didn't work out for 10 days and I am feeling it today! I cut out some of my sets today on my workout because it was late and I had not eaten anything and I know from experience that if I try to push that I feel like crap so I just did 4 sets of each insted of 7 so I got around to all the body parts before I had to eat. Anyway, I feel SOOOOOOO much better about things now that I am back on my routine, but tomorrow is already a rest day and I don't want to lose my momentum so I think I start my pushup challenge then so I am still doing something. Haven't done the test at my best yet so I don't know what I can do, but my goal is 30 so I can say that I can do as many as Adam :) Don't want people thinking I'm some sissy girl. Just kidding, but really, I hope I can do that many. And I'll do a video of it since I got....wait for it...a new video camera for Christmas!! Woo hoo!! It has a hard drive so I can just pull the stuff off of it and put it on the computer quick. Hopefully. In theory :) I am so excited about messing with it, though, I haven't gotten much of a chance to record anything since Christmas so it will be fun. Santa was really good to me this year. I got some other cool fitness-related stuff but I'll save that for talking about tomorrow because I'm a little pressed for time today. I almost forgot to send the pics to Adam for the weekly accountability and then realized that I didn't have to have them in until midnight tonight, not noon. Oh, well, nothing wrong with being early, it was just funny because I really was worried about them being late! But no worries. My first day switching over to BFFM was good, my ratios were very good but I only had 5 out of 6 meals and was under in total calories as a result. But not hungry so I'll keep working on that. Today was a late start, too, so I only have in 1 meal so far and will at most get in 5 today. But for women, that's okay, the only reason I was aiming for 6 was because I usually have a protein shake directly after my workout before I get ready for the day, then breakfast, and I was going to count that as a meal, but I haven't been able to fit that in lately. I'm going to work on it, because I do want the extra protein. Also, I ordered the egg whites from egg whites international the other day so they should get here in a week or so. I am excited about that because my husband does not eat eggs so it's tough to get protein in for him in the morning, but supposedly you can put these in milk and they are tasteless so that would be excellent to do for him. Plus, it would be easier for me, too, because the protein shake that I have is almost gone and the taste is getting a little tiresome. I bought chocolate to change it up but it's pretty bad. So you can put the egg whites in anything and I would be able to do that easily. So that's the plan once they get here. Anyone have any experience with them? It was a company recommended by Nick Nilsson so I'm finally giving it a try after thinking about it forever. That's pretty much the update for me.
As far as Jeff (my husband) goes, he will not be blogging his journey, he didn't even let me take before pictures, but I did do his measurements so that will be good. I'm not even really sure he realizes that I put all of my pics up on the web. He doesn't go to the blog or anything, not that I'm keeping it from him, he just doesn't really ask about it. So anyway, I'll just blog for him and say he did well on his first day. Six meals a day is tough for him to do, he only had 5 yesterday but that's still good. He usually has 2 or 3 and a VERY slow metabolism so I want him to eat more often to speed that up so it's something he's working on. Right now he feels like it's too much food but I think he's just so used to eating junk that has no nutritional value that good food fills him up more. But I just give him his menu every day and he does what he can. And he lifted weights for about 1/2 hr yesterday, starting slow because he hasn't done that for while and doesn't want to overdo it, so he's doing a little every day. Although this morning he did say he thought he hurt his arm but hopefully that's short-lived. So that's his story, just wanted to put some of his journey out there too (what I know of it) in case he wants to see where he came from in a year when he's all buff. ;)
I'll put up my pics later on today, but didn't want to skip any more posts. Thanks for all the comments, guys, it's so great to be back in action with all of you. The next few months will be so exciting! I'm sure it will be here before we know it, and as an added bonus, it will make the winter go by quicker (not a fan of the cold!). So I'll see you all soon!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Joni:
Welcome back and best of success in reahing your goals this year!

Michael said...

Joni, sounds like hubby is on the right track. I worry when people don't go all the way, but as long as he has you there, I'm sure he's going to do it.

Anonymous said...

it is so good to have you back. I love reading your posts. I know how you feel about the husband thing. my husband was all gung ho for about 10 hours, even took his "before" pics and measurements. He hasn't done anything since. You can't force them to do something they are not ready to. there is always some excuse, when there should only be "reasons to do". it can be quite frustrating..oh but i ramble on. so glad your husband is at least trying to get with the program.
30 pushups!! that would rock! and to see you do it in a video would be totally awesome!
March will be here before we know it!

Otter Christy said...

Howdy Joni! Can't wait to see the video with all the other cool Santa goodies. Nice having you back.

Alex Anselmo said...

Welcome back, Joni!