Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 102 - A pint low

So I gave blood this morning after my workout, had to time it right so I wasn't missing any workouts since I can't do strenuous activity for 24 hours. Last time I messed myself all up but it's good now. Tomorrow is HIIT only and reward meal day so it will work out well. As I said in my day 101 post, I have decided that I want to incorporate steady state cardio into my routine to get some better, faster results. After looking at what Tom V has to say about it, I decided that I want to shoot for 30-45 min 5-6 days a week. That might be negotiable depending on time and the way the HIIT workouts are scheduled in MS. As I have said in the past, I am a cardio hater, especially steady state, but I really think it is necessary for me to get as lean as I want to. Also, that is what I was doing when I got down to 17% bf before, so I know that it works for me. But then I had a gym to work out in, and I usually did elliptical, which is pretty much the only machine I can stand and still my feet fall asleep on that one. I don't know what it is but I don't like it. But I don't have an elliptical at home, won't be buying one either, so I am going to have to use my tae-bo DVDs and hope that will be interesting enough to keep me going. I think so. And they are pretty hard so I think that my heart rate will be high enough to qualify. Have to get a new battery for my heart rate monitor, though, because I like using it and then I can be sure that I am in my target zone and not wasting my time. The only thing left to decide is when I am going to fit that in. My weight training usually takes 45-60 min in the morning and that is usually the only time I have to work out. If I try to fit something in later on in the day, it doesn't usually happen. Plus in the evening I usually have something going on away from the house so I don't know what I can do about fitting it in, I just know that I need and want to do it to reach my goals. I'll have to take a look at my schedule and get back to you about the decision on that one. I also lowered my calorie levels because (DUH) I have lost weight and have not recalculated since the beginning so my TDEE was lower. So I have that fixed now. I don't think I was eating too much anyway because honestly I rarely hit my daily intake anyway, I was always under.
Still slowly but surely creeping toward putting my accountability log into action as well, I know it seems crazy that I have it all set up but I just am not in a place to do everything on it just yet. I am getting closer and I will be all-out when I do get it going, so that will be soon. Promise. I know I know, I should just start but I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I hate starting something before it's all set up, that's why I didn't get it going the first time I wrote about it, so I'm just going to allow myself to be that way for this for now and I will get it all going and then work on the perfectionism thing. One at a time :) So I don't think all of this makes much sense, but I am feeling a little fuzzy today anyway so maybe I'll be better tomorrow.
I also wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been commenting on my posts - I have not been too good about commenting back lately but I do appreciate and really look forward to hearing from all of you so THANKS! I'll be better at responding to them individually from now on. I can barely keep up with all of this, I have no idea how Adam does all he does...Anyway, off to check up on everyone now, talk to you soon! Here's my pics:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about making comments on everyone's blog. do know that i come by everyday to see what's going on. i think most others do the same.