Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 68 - Work Party!

Still having trouble getting the daily blogging going but wanted to make sure I didn't get caught not putting anything up since it was a beast to do all at once last time. So I'm just going to do my post for Friday:
Anyway, I just finished up Round 1 of MS today and I wasn't really too good about food for the last two days but not overly crazy and today was supposed to be a reward meal anyway. It was more like a reward DAY but I've learned that I can get by with that as long as I don't mind slower results. And for right now, that has to be the compromise because it is just too tough during the holidays to give up everything at all of the parties and such. I made a conscious decision not to beat myself up about it and get things back together afterwards so I am fine. It's only a few days and I can easily recover from that.
My workout was strange today, though, I was doing fine and then got really tired about halfway through, so I stopped. It was actually my workout from the day before because I've been a day behind for about 4 days now since I took an extra rest day last week. So I just gave up my rest day today and tried to do the workout but it was not good. Still haven't figured out why, unless it's that I'm not getting enough protein, which is possible because I haven't been having my shakes most days. So I had one, felt better, and moved on.
Otherwise, I have been feeling pretty good. A lot of people are sick around me and I haven't gotten anything from them yet (praying that continues...) so that's good news. Everything else from daily life kind of seems like it's on hold with the holidays so I hope things snap back once it's all over. Hope everyone is well, I'll talk to you all soon!

7 comments:

Michael said...

Just stopping by to show you some love, Joni. Your blog is the third biggest referrer to my blog! Thanks for that! You are playing a big part in keeping me accountable. Don't worry too much about the nutrition. Just keep it clean most of the time and you will bring on positive results.

Anonymous said...

here's hoping you stay well. it is great that you are listening to your body. i am ready for the holidays to be over so i can get back to my routine. I am so proud of those that can stick to it during this hectic time!

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say, Merry Christmas!! I am looking forward to 2008! We are going to rock the house down!

Otter Christy said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Joni! Hope your having a great holiday season and escaped the flu that's been going around.
Love,
christy

Adam Waters said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy (Totally Shredded!) New Years!
Cheers,
Adam

Anonymous said...

Joni, Happy New Year! looking forward to a great year of shredding!

Otter Christy said...

Just swinging by to wish you a Happy New Year!