Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 84 - Has it been 12 weeks?

WOW. I can't believe it has been that long already. I'll have my 12 week stats up tomorrow to mark this milestone - I usually do my measurements on Monday morning so I thought I would wait until then. As far as this weekend has gone, I have done okay...I missed my workout yesterday because I had a meeting in the morning and then just never made time the rest of the day to do it. That's why I plan to work out in the morning because if I don't do it then, I usually don't do it at all. Nutrition-wise, I did okay. There was breakfast at the meeting so I didn't do very well then, but the rest of the day was good so I think I was still under for calories, just not in good ratios. Today was kind of the same story - went places I couldn't control the food, so just tried to make okay decisions and think I did okay. I did work out this morning, too, so I think everything was okay. It's so much easier to stay home and make my own food, though, then I know what I am eating. It's just really anti-social. I guess I'll see the results tomorrow when I do my weigh/measure. It's been a while since I did measurements, before Christmas, so I'm excited to see where I am. That may change once I see them :) But it's only really been half a week since I got back on a program so I'm not sweating it, it's just that it would be nice if I had some good results to show for my 12th week.
Otherwise, this weekend I have been doing a lot of planning and goal setting to decide what I want to do and how I'm going to do it in several areas of my life. Since I have been happy with my progress in this physique transformation so far, I have been trying to find a way to translate that to other goals I have yet to achieve. How do I duplicate the accountability that I have found here that has helped me so much? I'm not totally sure how, but I do have more of a plan now as to what I want to do daily to achieve my goals. I also know that I have to take responsibility for achieving everything that I want instead of the fearful attitude that I have had as of late in certain areas. So I am holding myself accountable for completing certain things every day like some of you other shredders out there, only I'm making the list of things in all aspects of my life. I'm giving myself a point for each thing I complete each day, hoping that will keep me more on track. I'll post the list up tomorrow with my stats, since tomorrow is the first day I am starting this. More on this later, gotta go for now.


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Joni, not sure if your 12 weeks is from Adam's 84 day challenge? If so, he says the correct date is Jan 18th. Check out his blog when you have a chance.

Debbie

Otter Christy said...

Howdy Joni! Great idea about the accountability list. I really dig where all the shredder blogs are going. I like hearing about everybody's lives and seeing videos. You know what all these transformed bodies are doing in the world. It'll be cool to watch the success of all your dreams unfold just like the success of your fitness journey.

Joni said...

Hey Debbie - no this is my own 12 weeks since starting my journey - I always participate in Adam's challenges but do not change the dates of mine to match up. I am in the midst of doing 100 days and then I will be on to another mission :)

Christy - Thanks, I know it will be so exciting to see the difference in us all after a year of this, and then even further on down the line. No one will believe it! It's so exciting! And it helps so much to have others checking up and pulling for us, I just love us :)