Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 100 - The journey continues...

Okay, here's the harsh truth:
Weight: 152 lbs (loss of 1# this week, loss of 4# in M2, 14# overall)
Omron bf: 25.1% (loss of 0% this week)
MS bf: 18.4% (loss of 1.3% in M2, 4.7% overall)
I am a little concerned about the body fat tests being the same as last week because I lost a pound but yesterday was all fruit so that probably has something to do with it...

Bicep: 11.25" (loss of 0" this week, .5" in M2, 1.5" overall)
Chest: 35" (loss of .25" this week, .5" in M2, 1.5" overall)
Waist: 28.25" (loss of 0" this week, .75" in M2, 2.75" overall)
Stomach: 31" (loss of .25" this week, 1.5" in M2, 3.5" overall)
Hips: 37.75" (loss of .25" this week, 1.25" in M2, 3.25" overall)
Butt: 41" (loss of 0" this week, .75" in M2, 2.5" overall)
Thigh: 25" (loss of 0" this week, .5" in M2, 3" overall)
Total inches: loss of .75" this week, 5.75" in M2, 18" overall

Here were my Mission 2 Goals:
1) Continue to treat myself well mentally and physically, focusing on the joy of the journey. I did alright on this one, got caught up in the numbers some and gave up a little some days, still having mental games so still needs work.
2) See muscle definition and fat loss difference in my photos from day 57-day 100. I'll let you guys be the judge of that when I put up my pics
3) Achieve weight of 140 pounds, putting my total loss at 26 lbs. Still have 12 lbs to go to this goal, so I was way under, but I did continue to lose and did not gain during the holidays so compared to other years it was great.
4) Lose 25 total inches anywhere on the body. Still have 7 inches to go on this one but, again, the numbers are going down, just slowly, and if I would have been totally focused it would have happened so I'll just keep it going at a better pace.
5) Achieve body fat of 17% or less. This one was a little ambitious to start with, I am 8% higher than that but when I get down to 140, I should be close.
6) Increase the amount of weight I can lift in all workouts of the MS program. I did do this one, though it's hard to track because of the number of different exercises and set/rep counts in the program, but I know I am stronger because of the pushups as well!
7) Fit into my 30" jeans and one of my size 6 dresses. Not there yet, gotta keep working at it, but I did fit into some of my size 6 pants the other day (they were stretchy so more forgiving) and I can remember when I was really bulging out of them so there's improvement, just not enough!

So basically, I have continued to lose a little at a time but I am a little frustrated at the slow pace. I know it is my own fault because of my on-and-off compliance, so I just have to realize that if I were to totally (or at least 95%) stick to my plan, I would probably see faster results. Right now, I see my two biggest issues as: I am taking too many rest days and I am not usually planning my food intake for the weekends. Although I still feel that I make good decisions, it is hard to tell when you aren't counting everything up so I need to do that instead of guessing.
I'll be back later with my goals for the next mission, my pushup video, and my pics so until then have a great day!

3 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Congatulations Joni on a major mailestone! Eating right, training hard (and of course blogging!) for 100 days is an awesome accomplishment. You must feel very proud. With the dedication and persistence you have displayed (publicly!) I am sure you will hit your M3 goals. Shred on,
Adam

KaliLilla.com said...

Joni,
That is AMAZING progress! You should be very proud of your accomplishment. And don't forget, we've all learned so much, that we can now take that knowledge and apply it to our next mission and increase our success rate tenfold. You're doing awesome. Congratulations!!!
Love, Lilla

Christina said...

Hi Joni,

You are a bee-you-tee-ful young lady - you have done a great job!

So it goes...Rome was not built in a day. But don't fret - you lift those weights, eat good food, incinerate a couple pounds of fat per week and you are doing it the right way. Remember, the first place our body stores fat is usually the last place the body will go to use it.

Keep on going girlie, you're a work of art in progress.

Ciao