Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 3 – And again I say ow

Wow the amount of soreness I have right now is ludicrous. People at work think I have something seriously wrong with me. I dropped a packet of Splenda on the floor this morning and couldn’t bear to bend down and pick it up. I need to go to the handicapped bathroom so I have those bars on the sides to lower myself down slowly. Crazy! I obviously way overestimated my current strength level. Live and learn. What makes me mad though is that I don’t think I’ll be able to do today’s workout. I think I will try to just do some bodyweight things or at the very least stretching to help the soreness, but I for sure cannot do the number of sets and reps I attempted on Monday. Even without weight. I’m not going to stress about it, I have 6 months to get it right, and I don’t want to burn out early so I’ll just see how I feel. Otherwise, don’t have anything else we are supposed to do yet, so I am kind of floundering in what to focus on for the other 23 hours of my day. Food consumes much more of my thoughts than exercise so it’s hard to decide what I want to do until they tell me what they want. I haven’t really been doing well with food and I have so much conflicting info in my head I don’t know what to do. So I am just eating how I was before this, maybe a little better, but I am kind of also finishing up the stuff we have at the house because I hate to waste food. And money. Oh well… I do have a lot of veggies at the house because my sister and I enrolled in this thing called a CSA which is a share of a local organic farm that we pay for once a year and get to pick out from their crop for 20 weeks in the summer. So far it has mostly been lettuce and strawberries, but hopefully there will be more variety soon. If it doesn’t get better, we won’t do it next year, but for now I do get fresh veggies every Saturday so that’s cool. Need to have more salad before it goes bad! So that’s the story of today. Hopefully I can face tomorrow without feeling like I need a walker. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ow! you must be super sore! Take some vitamin C. that may help with the soreness...stretching for sure! that's right, don't burn yourself out, so take it easy until your body is used to the movements once again. that sounds cool about the organic farm...maybe you can try out things you wouldn't normally try.
if they haven't given you any guidance yet, I'd for sure try to at least eat better like you said. i think the main thing is to make sure you are getting in your protein! make sure you are getting some kind of protein with every meal. You basically know what to do...you just need to do it!(me, too!)
ok...well, you know I believe in you and know that you can do this!!! one day at a time!!
shred it up!