Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2 – Ow ow ow ow

Yeah totally overdid it on the legs. Live and learn. That’s my punishment for quitting weights. Well, not quitting, just skipping about 365 workouts.  It has been almost exactly a year since my last real mission so it is a good time to get things back where they should have been. Today was upper body. Again just movement, 13 exercises, most of which I already knew, but took it easy with 3 sets of 3 each since I didn’t want to feel the same in my upper body as I do in my lower. For tomorrow I will lower the amount of sets and reps for lower body and raise it for upper body on Thursday. Right now that is the assignment for the week: lower MWF, upper TuThSa. Practice the movement. I will be getting additional upper body work as well since Jujitsu is tonight and we always do pushups. Unless I decide to make one of my students lead exercises since my legs may not function. Might be a good idea. Anyway, I am just getting back to daily blogging so I just want to keep up with it for now, nothing much earth-shattering going on. I posted yesterday’s message earlier since I didn’t have time yesterday and now I am all caught up. One thing I am struggling with right now is that they haven’t given us any direction on nutrition yet and that is what I need. I want my workouts to count so I don’t want to eat badly, but should I be doing the PN rules or something else? For now I am just watching my intake overall, avoiding sugar, and trying to add back the habit of drinking water. I have definitely been bad on that. By tomorrow I can ask questions and that will be what I want to know first. I also updated my sidebars and all for my new commitment, please keep me on track if anyone is out there. So otherwise, I’m just moving along in my day (slowly!). Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

make sure you read Adam's blog post sharing a message from Carlos DeJesus about the definition of failure. good stuff...the only way to have failed is to have quit...and we know you are not a quitter!!! you are a winner!!
such an honor for you to include me in your sidebar of important blogs!
I am so glad you have come back! have missed you a lot! you know I will be here to support you everyday!!! you can do it!
hopefully the DOMS will be better come tomorrow.
shred on!

Joni said...

Hey Suz...DOMS still killing me, worse today actually as expected, but it will all pass soon. That's what I get! Haven't had time to check out Adam's blog yet but I will do so tonight when I have some time. Had Jujitsu last night so didn't get online. Of course you are in my sidebar, you are a very important blogger! And you are probably my most frequent visitor if I were to guess so you get the crown for that :) I have missed being here, that's for sure, and really hope that things start coming together now. For both of us. See ya and thanks as always!